My Menu

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Burnt Toast B&B (Bluewater Bay #5) [Ginsberg & Derrick] By Heidi Belleau & Rachel Haimowitz ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ½ ~~~

When I started this one I really enjoyed it, I could see how fun this one would be even from the synopsis yet something somehow went wrong for me. I think it was too slow to develop or maybe too much of an inner dialogue, one I would almost predict for each of them. The story was sweet, I enjoyed seeing Derrick change and grow as a person, enabling to become more accepting of himself and through that accepting of others. I liked the fact Ginsberg was a trans, it added more dimension to the story, to Ginsberg insecurities or rather his lack of patience to anyone who can't accept him for who he is and how he is. Strangely enough, Derrick didn't mind that much he was actually wonderful about it,  it was everything else he was a jerk about.. 


I'm in a really bad place concerning my reading. Last month was horrible, had too much on my mind, frankly I can't even remember what it was all about, but I do know the last week was horrific. Yet I found the time to finish this one because I SO wanted to get lost in a book and so I did. I enjoyed both MCs - Derrick WAS a jerk at times (more than I would like him to be but oh well..) and Ginsberg was a very interesting character, he went through quite a lot in life and yet he is such a positive people's person. I loved that about him. He was willing to tolerate a lot from Derrick but not being walked over which made the difference and mostly made him his own unique self. 

I still haven't written a word about the plot.. sorry about that.. So if you've read the previous installments in the series (not a must at all) you've already met Ginsberg, he is Carter's stunts double in the Wolf's Landing TV series. He got injured and so he can't work now. Looking for the cheapest place to rent he finds the B&B Derrick's family owned. But Derrick was just about to close the business when Ginsberg arrived and so he is trying to do his best to drive him out.. Too bad he is not only attracted to him but also finds his personality compelling. Which is how Ginsberg finds his way into his life and also his heart. 

Derrick was the one who had to go through the biggest journey. It showed. Ginsberg was there mostly to show him the way in a very subtle sweet way. I liked that about him. He was really sweet. 

I think this is where I"m going to end this review. It was a nice enough read but for me it wasn't a great read. I"m going to continue on reading the series but I'll be doing small breaks to catch up with new books which are out this month. 





Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 241 pages, 17 Aug. - 6 Sep. 2016 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus