Nash Holly has responsibilities tattooed on his forehead. He lives with his father and younger sister, in a way taking care of both of them. His father is an inventor, a crazy one it was hilarious all the things he had in mind to invent! But maybe because of that, Nash feels he needs grounding. Besides that his younger sister is handicapped, she mostly manages on her own but he worries like a parent would. His twin brother is off to college and so Nash is running his father's auto repair garage and taking care of everyone expect for himself. He doesn't see love in the future for himself, he doesn't really see a real future besides doing what he does.. then he meets Spencer..
Spencer Kepler-Constantine is playing a werewolf in the "Wolf's Landing" series filming in the small town of Bluewater Bay, yet he isn't here to stay, his part will be over soon and not only because of that he isn't looking for anything when he meets Nash on a cold rainy road outside of town. He has a ring on his finger but he and his husband have been separated for months now. He is heart broken from the whole deal, not to mention just HOW public everything about it is, and he, a private person can't stand that. What Nash offers is really simple and he accepts out of desire. He doesn't expect for their "fling" to become more when they re-meet when Spencer comes to Nash's garage to return his lost wallet.
The two cheering Nash and Spencer's friendship are Spencer's employees and good friends - his personal assistant and body guard. My god I LOVED THEM! They were great on their own, they were great together, and they were brilliant in every scene. It's obvious how much they love Spencer and wish him the best but their ways.. they were FUN! So with a bit of meddling from their side the friendship blooms, with it the sexual part as well but both know that once the series is done with his part they will continue on with their lives, not to mention Peter (Spencer's ex) keeps interfering with his life even if it's just a phone call that shakes Spencer.
Yep! RECOMMENDED! It was a great story, loved the friendship and how genuine it was, the whole story was a fun read and yet it had many tender moments not only between the two but with the other members of the Holly family.
This is the first I'm reading of Z.A. Maxfield, another author I'm glad I've met through this awesome series. I FINALLY had a true weekend meaning I sat today and enjoyed this book from start to finish.
Can't wait to start the next one!
Wolf’s Landing’s success spawns everything from merchandise to movie talks, and Bluewater Bay explodes into a mecca for fans and tourists alike. The locals still aren’t quite sure what to make of all this—the town is rejuvenated, but at what cost? And the Hollywood-based production crew is out of their element in this small, mossy seaside locale. Needless to say, sparks fly.
This collaborative story world is brought by collective authors, each contemporary novel stands alone, but all are built around the town and the people of Bluewater Bay and the Wolf’s Landing media empire.
1. Starstruck By L.A. Witt [Levi Pritchard & Carter Samuels] (Published 3 November 2014) ★★★★
2. There's Something About Ari By L.B. Gregg [Buck Ellis & Ari Valentine] (Published 8 November 2014) ★★★★★
3. Hell on Wheels By Z.A. Maxfield [Nash Holly & Spencer Kepler-Constantine] (Published 29 November 2014) ★★★★★
4. Lone Wolf By Aleksandr Voinov & L.A. Witt [Hunter Easton & Kevin Hussain] (Published 20 December 2014) ★★ (DNF 25%)
5. The Burnt Toast B&B By Heidi Belleau & Rachel Haimowitz [Ginsberg Sloan & Derrick Richards] (Published 11 January 2015) ★★★½
6. Lights, Camera, Cupid (Bluewater Bay #6) Valentine's Anthology (Published 7 February 2015) ★★★★
[ Just Another Day [Levi Pritchard & Carter Samuels] by L.A. Witt ★★★ ]
[ Nascha By Amy Lane ★★★★★ ]
[ No Easy Way [Cary Teijan & Dylan James] By S.E. Jakes ★★★★½ ]
[ Helping Hand [Lucas Wilder & Gabriel Savage] by Anne Tenino ★★★★★ ]
[ I'll Be There [Nash Holly & Spencer Kepler] By Z.A. Maxfield ★★ ]
8. The Deep of the Sound By Amy Lane [Cal McCorkle & Avery Kennedy] (Published 13 June 2015) ★★★★★
9. When to Hold Them By G.B. Gordon [Doran Callaghan & Xavier Wagner] (Published 15 August 2015) ★★ (DNF 49%)
10. Rain Shadow By L.A. Witt [Jeremy Rose & Scott Fletcher] (Published 17 October 2015) ★★★
11. Stuck Landing By Lauren Gallagher [Anna Maxwell & Natalya Izmaylova] (Published 12 December 2015) ★★ (DNF 38%)
12. How the Cookie Crumbles By Jaime Samms [Frederic Jackson & Blaire Caruthers] (Published 13 February 2016) ★★★¾
14. All the Wrong Places By Ann Gallagher [Brennan Cross & Zafir Hamady] (Published 12 June 2016) ★★★½
15. Bluewater Blues By G. B. Gordon [Jack Daley & Mark Keao] (Published 15 October 2016) ★★★★★
16. No Small Parts By Ally Blue [Nat Horn & Rafael Cortez] (Published 19 December 2016) ★★
Though I enjoyed many books in this series, I'm not going to continue past the 17th. Firstly, this series, with so many different authors and different themes and at times sub-genres made the whole experience "bumpy". I had too many books I didn't connect with and I feel like it's going to stay this way with the authors who weren't my favorite. Secondly I feel a bit unsure about supporting this publisher considering its recent revealed "shade".