My Menu

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time #8) by Mary Calmes ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

A nice and sweet way to finish a series, though I didn't feel it was necessary. Truthfully, I finished Duncan and Aaron's book last night and I'm still having a book hangover over it. Loved getting more of these two besides our main couple - Jory and Sam. 


There isn't a lot to happen in this one, there is a mention of Duncan and Aaron's wedding, a little of Jory and Sam's everyday life, the way they are now - living happily with their kids, being totally domesticated. Jory working but also taking care of the kids' activities, Sam getting promotions at work and being at peace with his loving family. It was all happy and good and they DO get married (again) at the very end. 

There was a hair of action or rather of danger which makes Jory and Sam who they are but it was very light, which is quite obvious with such a short novella. 

Like the previous one (of Jory and Sam) the kids were a bit too much for me, they take too much page space though I get why that is... they ARE a very significant part of Sam and Jory's life.. 

A rounded up 4 star rating. Though it wasn't necessary, getting more of Jory's POV is always fun. 
Highly recommend this series. I'm sad to let it go. There's only one very short installment left from Hannah's POV (Sam and Jory's younger daughter) which I really don't know what to expect from but I'm already sad now.. I know there is no more to be said about Jory and Sam so I guess next time we'll meet will be a re-visit of the series. 




Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 75 pages, 15 May 2016 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus