Thursday, June 27, 2019

Gemini Keeps Capricorn (Signs of Love #3) [Wesley & Lloyd] by Anyta Sunday

This book was IMPOSSIBLE for me to read. It MIGHT get better but I just don't care and It's really unlike me to throw a book after just 9%, especially by an author I ADORE and enjoyed SO many of her books but I simply CAN'T and WON'T continue.

Nearing the end of the 2nd (!) chapter I feel totally and absolutely LOST. I swear I have NO idea what's going on.. and reading a few reviews (which I don't usually do while I'm still reading a book) I see some people had the same issue. The feeling is like you're starting the book somewhere in the middle. WHO are all of those characters? WHAT or WHY are the relationships between them. HOW do the MCs know each other and WHY do they have this strange relationship which isn't even a friendship. Are they friends? Maybe not really? Then why does Wesley keeps constantly harassing Lloyd?



There is really NOTHING I can grab unto to keep me going. I don't CARE about Wesley because he doesn't make sense to me AT ALL. I wish we got Lloyd's POV I feel like I could have connected to him more, maybe because he is actually COHERENT. Wesley can't concentrate on literally ANYTHING which in turn makes it VERY hard on me to focus on him and/or the actual story..

As it seems, this is Libra cancelling Gemini :|

I LOVED the first book in the series, and really enjoyed the second one! This one seems to be a pass... I'll be continuing on to the 4th one. Though I AM truly disappointed I've learned to put these things behind me. It's also not going to affect me reading more books in this series or in general more books by Anyta. I already know I LOVE her writing, I guess in this one she did something different than the usual that I personally wasn't into. It happens. Moving on.

Rating:

DNF 9%
E-Book
Edition
270
pages
Read on:
24-27 June 2019
  

ABOUT THIS SERIES
 
Signs of Love is a Contemporary Romance series by Anyta Sunday. If you are a Horoscope fan you're going to LOVE this one, and even if you aren't (like me ;)) this is GREAT fun. Each novel focuses on it's own characters (Stand alone) with every one of them also getting a bonus novella. The stories are mostly connected through Crystal Wallace (Theo and Leone's mother) who is the Horoscope Queen! She meddles, but it's not truly her, it's the horoscope and what it has in store for each couple (she takes it from her mother - Darla - who also makes an appearance and meddles in her own way). But even when both women are absent we still get both a bit of astrology as well as minor connection between the other characters.

Books:
0.5 Winter [Caspian & Eli] (Published January 2021) ½
0.6 Spring [Flynn Reilly & Jack Jenkins] (Published 2 April 2021) ★★★★★
1. Leo Loves Aries [Theo Wallace & Jamie Cooper] (Published 4 December 2016) ★★★★★
1.5 Leo Tops Aries [Theo Wallace & Jamie Cooper] (Published 22 December 2016) ★★★★★
2. Scorpio Hates Virgo [Percy Freedman & Callaghan Glover] (Published 30 August 2017) ★★★★
2.5 Scorpio Loops Virgo [Percy Freedman & Callaghan Glover] (Published 8 September 2017) ★★★★★
3. Gemini Keeps Capricorn [Wesley Hidaka & Lloyd Reynolds] (Published 18 December 2017) ★ (DNF 9%)
3.5 Gemini Rules Capricorn [Wesley Hidaka & Lloyd Reynolds] (Published 1 January 2018)
4. Pisces Hooks Taurus [Zane Penn & Beckett "Becky" Fisher] (Published 14 October 2018) ★★★★★
4.5 Pisces Floors Taurus [Zane Penn & Beckett "Becky" Fisher] (Published 15 January 2019) ★★★★★
5. Cancer Ships Aquarius [Reid Glover & Sullivan Bell] (Published 17 February 2020) ★★★★★
5.5  Cancer Sweetens Aquarius [Reid Glover & Sullivan Bell] (Published 22 August 2020) ★★★★★
 

No comments:

Post a Comment