My Menu

Monday, December 22, 2014

Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion #4) [Evan & Matt] by Tere Michaels ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

I must say I'm not really sure what I thought about this one. I mean, I liked it, but I didn't love it. I really enjoyed getting another fix of Evan and mostly Matt who is SUCH a sweetheart. Evan as usual struggling with everything while Matt is "simply there" half the time and the other half he is fixing right about everything. 


This novella takes place about 3 years after the ending of the previous novel. Evan and Matt are living together with the twins while the two older sisters are in college. Miranda - the older one - is supposedly wanting to get married with her boyfriend (for 4 months) and everyone feels like it's a getting back at Evan thing for forgetting his wife and replacing her with someone else - Matt...

Miranda and her boy friend, as well as his parents are coming to thanksgiving so they could all meet each other. No one is happy about this get together and naturally it doesn't start or continue on being a very enjoyable holiday but as this is a HEA kinda novella, things get better in the end.

While the previous novels were of adult dealing with life, stereotypes, feelings that are more complicated to deal with, love against odds etc, this one was more of a teenage trouble (even if Miranda is 22 years old). After having 3 full novels of guys and the way they deal with stuff - mostly flat on the table and not holding grudges.. Having Miranda's tantrums was kinda disappointing. I mean, I did enjoy the novel, seeing how the family is now, 3 years later, how the Evan and Matt are doing and all that. It was fun getting this glimpse into the future (from the previous novel) but it was also in a way disappointing what they had to deal with. A stupid little girl who is angry at the world for no real apparent reason and Katie - the second daughter - nailed it with every word she utters. 

I don't think it's a necessary finishing novella though it's was nice getting another fix but anyhow I liked it less than the previous novels. 




Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 90 pages, 22 December 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus