Saturday, February 9, 2019

Noticed Me Yet? by Anyta Sunday

While at first the premise of this novella intrigued me, as I was reading it I realized I was getting annoyed and not falling in love with the mysterious Mr. X like Jacob did. Also this novella wasn't just about Jacob finding a roommate but also finding closure with his ex-boyfriend Scott. I think I would rather have more of Jacob and his new guy than the issue with Scott which basically felt awkward to me (as it felt to Jacob as well).

Jacob needs to find a new roommate. He made a sweet add and put it on the boards in his college but the mysterious "Mr. X" took all of them out. Yet three people manage to take his number and called to ask about the place. Mr. X acknowledged he is one of them - but who? and how does Jacob connect with Mr. X? Well, they keep writing notes to one another on the same board on campus. Their banter was sweet but for me mostly frustrating as Mr. X was trying to get Jacob off his scent.



I actually knew who Mr. X was, out of the three but I guess it's easy to guess for a couple of reasons (I'm not going to mention), but for Jacob there was also the issue of Scott trying to talk to him bout their break up and the ending of their close friendship. In a way Jacob DID need it, but I'm not sure if it made any difference in getting into a new relationship.

The writing and flow, as always, was great, I'm a fan of Anyta's, everything else I've read by her I absolutely LOVED, so this wasn't my thing.. never mind. I'll be getting so much more or Anyta in the following months as I have her book list as a yearly challenge. SO excited about that!

I've read this book through the "Briefs collection" Anthology which contains more WONDERFUL short novellas by Anyta. The Amazon link bellow refers to the Anthology. I made a compilation post of all of them together (though since I reviewed each on it's own you can also look them up 👉 right here).

Rating:
E-Book
Edition
70
pages
Read on:
8 February 2019
  

No comments:

Post a Comment