Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Completely (New York #3) [Rosemary & Kal] by Ruthie Knox

This is not what I was expecting.. I've loved everything I've read by Ruthie so I've been waiting impatiently for this book to finally release and now I feel so annoyed and I'm not sure with what or who. This book just didn't work for me. It started out slow and kept the pace. I felt disconnected from the characters, the way the story was told, both MCs kept their "walls up" which made them feel distant not just from one another but from me as well. I wanted to see ONE big reaction. ONE extreme outburst or breakdown and just - nothing. Composure and simple gratitude for the other person. I needed more. 



We've met Rosemary Chamberlain before, she is Winston's ex-wife. I was intrigued about her story. She gave her life to being Winston's wife but didn't enjoy it much. Now on her own she wants to finally LIVE. She decides to go up Everest (and other mountains after) but things didn't work out.. She was rescued through a helicopter after an avalanche struck. She finds herself connecting to Kal Beckett, an ice doctor who thinks Everest should be closed for hikers even though his parents were known for both getting to the top. 

They made a foolish decision right at the beginning, but they somehow keep on going no matter what, clinging to each others' company even if in a way it's very superficial. I stopped at the 32% mark when they finally arrive in New York. Truthfully, I was bored. I've read through a third of the book and I feel as though nothing happened. We get glimpses inside each one's head but it's not enough to keep me. Their "relationship" is unclear. Their feelings in general towards what happened and towards each other is jumbled which makes ME feel numb. 


I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. I HIGHLY recommended everything else by Ruthie. I've read it ALL. This one was different for me. If you're more likely to enjoy slow paced books give it a go, Ruthie is great! I"m just personally not finding what I want and need here. 



Rating:

DNF 32%
E-Book
Edition
252
pages
Read on:
26-27 Sep 2017

 

ABOUT THIS SERIES 
 
New York is a Contemporary MF Romance series by Ruthie Knox. The series contains three books, the first two of the Fredericks sisters May and Allie each finding her HEA [The third isn't out yet..]. As always Ruthie's books are beautifully written, funny, engaging, VERY difficult to put down and simply a joy to read.  

If the last name Chamberlain rings a bell it probably means you've read "About Last Night" by Ruthie. The MC in that book is Winston's brother. Winston is a sort of a "villain" in that book, here he gets his redemption and we get a glance to revisit Nev and Cath's 5 years after their book. It's one of the first I've read by her and simply ADORED. I really wish find the time to re-read it. Also, in the last book Rosemary Chamberlain - Winston's ex-wife gets her own HEA and she truly deserves it.

Books:
1. Truly [May Fredericks & Ben] (Published 5 August 2014) ★
2. Madly [Allie Fredericks & Winston Chamberlain] (Published 14 March 2017) ★★½
3. Completely [Rosemary Chamberlain & Kal Beckett] (Published 26 September 2017) ★★ (DNF 32%)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment