Monday, May 24, 2021

Deliverance (Darkest Skies #2) [Benito & Mickey] by Garrett Leigh

While Redemption (the previous installment) was one of my absolute FAVORITE books by Garrett and I HIGHLY recommend it, this one just wasn't for me. I can't really complain about anything, I just didn't like the interaction between Benito and Mickey. If you like those kind of fighting for dominance more of aggressive sexual interactions this might really be for you. For me, it's a pass. 

I thought about giving it a fair chance and continuing a bit more but as the synopsis suggests they start with a sexual relationship which slowly becomes more, I feel like I won't be able to connect to either of them until THAT happens. 

Benito Martell got mixed up badly with a gang, he now needs to pay a lot of money he doesn't have while protecting his mother and mostly his little sister. When he stumbles upon Mickey he just wants a break.. Mickey Larwood works for Isha Hussain and Dominic Ramos - if the names sounds familiar it's because we've met them both in "Lucky" (1st and 3rd installment). It seems he has just started working for them and is doing his best to keep himself clean after recovering from a drug addiction. Meeting Benito at the bar seems too good  to be true.

I kinda like each character on his own but even listening to their thoughts about themselves and each other when they were together was too much for me. Which is why I stopped at the 21% mark. 

I'm a HUGE fan of Garrett, I've read most of her books, she has a very unique raw and angsty style which usually more than works for me. I explained my issue with this one, if it's not a problem for you I say give it a go, I'm sure it's going to be worth the ride. 

Rating:
DNF (21%)
E-Book
Edition
321
pages
Read on:
13 May 2021
  

ABOUT THIS SERIES 

Darkest Skies is a Contemporary Romance series by Garrett Leigh. Each book centers around a gang member who wants out - each for his own reasons and circumstances. For me, it's all about the Pope brothers - Luis and Dante (1st and 3rd installments). There two needed redemption more than Sid's plants needed water. Both were utterly beautiful stories. Tender and sweet while also being sad and horrific. 

Books:
1. Redemption (Published 18 June 2020) [Luis Pope and Paolo Cilberto] ★★★★★
2. Deliverance (Published 20 May 2021) [Benito Martell and Mickey Larwood] ★★★ (DNF21%)
3. Salvation (Published 2 September 2021) [Dante Pope and Sid Harrison] ★★★★★ 

No comments:

Post a Comment