Sunday, June 14, 2020

Dropped Stitches by Annabeth Albert

I'm not myself lately when it comes to reading. I have too much on my mind and mostly I'm tired. So I blame my feelings towards this novella partly for my general mood. It was a cute read and it was also SO appropriate considering the times we are living in right now where #blacklivesmatter is at the front of the stage. It's not an easy time but I hope that in history's lens we'll be able to look back and see today's events enabling true change. One we can be proud of. 

On election day the last person Bea expects to meet in line to vote is her high school crush Kira. She always admired her strong personality, her ambition and drive (as well as her wardrobe) but she never though Kira would look at HER twice (or even once). Exchanging a few sentences it seems Bea had quite a lot of her assumptions wrong but she is more than willing to get to know the real Kira now. 

We don't get Kira's POV in this one, only Bea, but it's obvious that though she is a bit reluctant at first, she is interested in rekindling their mutual secret admiration from way back then. As they spend more time together it's obvious there is a possibility of finding something precious and unexpected in one another. 

I enjoyed this one, but I can't say I absolutely loved it. I haven't read a lot of F/F in the past and I'm not against it. There was a tenderness I enjoyed for sure but there was also something missing. I"m not sure what. Maybe a feeling Kira would ALSO put an effort to be with Bea and it's not only Bea "chasing" Kira. 

It's a sweet read for sure, it used to be a part of the "Rogue Nights" anthology but it's currently offered for free though the link bellow. 

Rating:
Free
Read
~70 
pages
Read on:
10-14 April 2020
  

No comments:

Post a Comment