Saturday, September 8, 2018

Beneath This Ink (Beneath #2) [Con & Vanessa] by Meghan March

This book is everything I WON'T accept not only in a romance novel but in real life. The behavior of two men in this book - Con, the MC (!) and Lucas who is going to be the MC in the 4th installment is UNACCEPTABLE unless they are planning to serve time for it. I'm SO MAD right now I want to vomit. This is an ABSOLUTE DNF at 27% and I had to made myself get there let me tell you. It just got worse by the minute.

I understand "Alpha Man", I understand "Bossy" I DON'T UNDERSTAND - Manhandling when the woman is CLEARLY uncomfortable and distressed, blackmailing her to date you - officially and unofficially, planning to hurt another man for looking at a woman who won't even like you. Propositioning a woman like a whore (in his own words) and making her do things she is VERY uncomfortable with just because your mind is set on YOUR agenda. Would you believe me that ALL of the above happened withing a quarter of the book by the "hero" against Vanessa our heroine? Would you believe me there is actually ANOTHER GUY who behaved as badly toward her? and is going to be a "hero" in another book?

I rarely react the way I do now toward a book. I understand clearly that taste in men vary. It's actually great. But abusive behavior IS abusive behavior and should NEVER be excused or promoted. NEVER.



I won't be continuing with this series, or anything by this author. This is NOT something I can forgive.

I'm not leaving any links besides to GR because I don't believe in promoting this book.


Rating:
E-Book
Edition
373
pages
Read on:
8 September 2018
 

No comments:

Post a Comment