Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ten Simple Tips for Surviving the Apocalypse by Cari Z.

I"m not a fan of the Apocalypse.. There's something so very UNattractive about it. Yet I wanted to read this one because it was by Cari and I do occasionally read books outside of my "comfort zone" when it's by an author I enjoy reading. It's very hard for me to rate this one. It was nice I guess, it was funny at times, ridiculous at others and mostly strange with the "Purple Plague" either killing people or making them, well, PURPLE! (also adding other strange details to appearance as well as some pretty beneficial if not sexy abilities). 


The whole story is told from Javi's POV. Each chapter is one of ten tips to surviving the Apocalypse gained from the last year he has been struggling to make it to his family's cabin. On the first chapter he also meets Conrad and so the story becomes more than just survival, it's also about forming a friendship and later on a sort of relationship between the two of them, each experience they go through together bringing them closer together.  
I can't say I liked Javi that much.. but I did really like Conrad and was heart broken when in the final chapter we get to hear his story and how he came to be in the place he and Javi met for the first time, and what was his real motive for joining Javi back then. 

So mostly it was an okay read. I would have given it 3 stars for delivering a sort of a sad story in a humoristic way, then came the last chapter in which we finally get MORE from both of them emotion-wise and I was truly feeling for them, wanting them to somehow GET the HEA even if it seems unlikely considering Conrad is infected and changing and Javi not even knowing what he'll find in his family's cabin and if he'll even be wanted there. 

If you're into the Apocalyptic genre - GRAB IT! if you're not, like me, maybe try something else by Cari or challenge yourself and give it a go!    

Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 82 pages, 31 December 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment