Monday, August 24, 2015

Ready and Willing by Cara McKenna

Very engaging, steamy (!) and somehow very sweet short novella. It's another novella I had my "doubts" about which were TOTALLY unfounded. I really enjoyed this one, especially the way it was concluded, the whole feel of it. I'm not a holiday person but if YOU are, read this on Christmas or whenever you feel festive :)



Abby is 32 years old and her biological clock started ticking, she is not in the right "mood" at the moment to wait to actually FIND Mr perfect, then the amount of time needed to make sure he actually fits the bill, she rather conceive a child "on her own" right now. 

She has quite the plan, I gotta hand it to her! ;) She chose two men - Noah and Rob, she is paying both of them to have sex with her (she doesn't want just a sperm donation, it feels too strange for her..), she will pay the both of them if she gets pregnant so it won't be "obvious" which one of them is actually the father of the baby. 

Surprisingly it works quite well with the both of them. I'm not sure what she expected, but it wasn't what she got from each of them in turn and from both of them together. She went on this journey on her own, depending on herself to make it work and THAT she did. 

I was quite impressed with how she handled the whole situation, how she was determined to have her way, and do what was right for HER, yet she was very understanding and sweet to the two men (she was paying..) and though she seems so strong, she had her tender and fragile moments that only made me appreciate her more. Also the decisions she made in the end made a lot of sense to me, it's what I "hoped" for when this story started.
 
I don't want to write more, anything else I'll add will just ruin this short novella for you. Just grab it and read it :)



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 73 pages, 23-24 August 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment