Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Puppy, Car, and Snow (Ryan & Scott #3) by Amy Lane

This is the third (and last) part of Ryan and Scott's story. The First one, telling of how they've met was originally a part of the Anthology "Curious? A Woman's Introduction to Gay Romance" I haven't read. So I started from the second one - "Phonebook" when they are a formed couple.The first installment "Shirt" was eventually released on it's own enabling me to get the story of how they met. 

I liked the second installment, it was sweet and sexy, liked the interaction between Ryan and Scott, they might be different but they are perfect for one another. In this one they have to struggle through the holidays with Ryan's family, mostly his mother and brother-in-law and their constant criticism. 


Thing is, I didn't really get the "point" of this short novella. It ended abruptly and even though there WAS a progression of their relationship as well as a way for us to see everything these two went through since they met - 3 years into their relationship, I was disappointed it stayed a bit "shallow". I mean, Ryan and Scott are THE sweetest together, and how they see each other and care for one another was beautiful to read but in the situation that they were in it was just constant heart ache that neither of them cared for and the closure on the matter wasn't even there. It was strange. I was missing SOMETHING that would feel as though Scott got closer to his boyfriends' family and I'm not even sure it was there. 

A very light read. If you're into those you'll probably enjoy this story. Like the previous one, it was funny and easy going. 



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 80 pages, 28 March 2016 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment