Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lucky Man (Heated Beat #2) [Danny & Finn] by Garrett Leigh

Sweet and heart warming short novel. I already stated many times before how much I enjoy Garrett's writing, this one being no different, yet I gotta say I have a lot more respect for her after reading this one with what Finn was dealing with. I"m not going to write what (not to spoiler..), I'm just going to say that it's quite rare that authors choose to write flawed characters especially the way Finn is.. 


Finn and Danny were SO sweet together. They had two main things getting in their way - 1st Danny's job as a cop and the murderer he is after. I can't say this one was a Romantic Suspense because we weren't really part of the investigation, we just got the psychological impact the case had on Danny and also how time consuming it was, not enabling him to see Finn as he wished and having to bail on him at times (not to mention keeping him "closeted"). The 2nd was Finn's "flaw". Again, not saying what it was, but it was handled very tenderly. I loved that! Danny was very understanding and trying to keep an "open mind" while Finn already dealt with enough people who didn't feel like sticking around so he was very skeptical of Danny accepting him the way he is. 

The whole novel was very heart felt, it was almost solely about them trying to build a relationship with the restrictions I've mentioned above. Finn is a singer and guitar player, so his whole life is about the music, and Danny is the kind of guy who needs music to unwind him, they are PERFECT for one another. 

There were some things not entirely resolved since it's quite short, yet I was very satisfied with the story we got and the issues Garrett dealt with in this novel.



Note - I'm not sure if this is going to be a "real" series or if will only contain these two books. The previous installment "My Mate Jack" is of Will and Jack (Jack being Finn's roommate) and is a coming of age / New Adult novel. Both Characters appear quite a lot in this novel so I think it would be better to read the first installment, though these CAN be read as stand alone.



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 140 pages, 24-26 September 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment