Friday, March 25, 2016

The Rain in Spain by Amy Jo Cousins

Magda and Javi are celebrating a year together in the honeymoon they only now found the time for. Though they love each other dearly - which is clear from their every move (even though we only get Magda's POV) there is a HUGE gap between them, it seems mostly because they are SO different from one another yet it's not exactly that. 


Walking together and apart on the streets of Sevilla they both try to see the other, contemplate their problems and how and even if it could be fixed. If love and attraction is enough, if they even want the same things. It takes time but when the night almost comes to an end Javi FINALLY makes Magda put her feelings into words and enables them to have the long due conversation which could either solve or dissolve their relationship. 

I really enjoyed this short story. It was a bit too descriptive for me, even though it WAS half the charm, seeing Sevilla from Magda's eyes like a sort of unique painting. Though I wouldn't be the sort of tourist to mark sites off a list, I'm also not a real wanderer. I enjoy the general feel of a new place, but I think I'm less "poetic" about it which is why I was more looking for conversation and if not then at list introspective than the streets of a beautiful city in Spain. I"m a woman of words I guess. Which is exactly what I'm taking from this short and enjoyable read - let's really talk about it and not leave the truth behind uncertain faces. I"m doing a few courses the last few months that are centered about the importance of relationships and how we treat and act in them. It doesn't matter which sort of relationship it is. If it's meaningful you have to work to maintain it as such. 

This short novella is a free read. It was originally published as a part of a charity anthology for RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network). Though it's free, Amy asks that we consider donating 1$ to RAINN if enjoyed this story. I certainly did :)     


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 57 pages, 24 March 2016 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment