Thursday, November 7, 2013

Taking Him Down (Wilinski #2) [Rich & Lindsey] by Meg Maguire

WOW! what a pleasure this one was! Though I liked the first one of Mercer and Jenna, I loved this one much more!

So we have Rich Estrada a YUM of a boxer but also a rising star. After a sucessful fight he is signed off, during the after party of the fight he and Lindsey share a very passionate kiss but it ends too quickly leaving the both of them with a memory they wish they could repeat but understand they can't.


Forgot who Lendsey is? Jenna's very capable assistant in the matchmaking agency placed one floor up from the club which Mercer (Jenna'ls boyfriend) runs. In the previous book we saw there is heat or at least good possibility of chemestry between the both of them but basically it was Rich being himself - flirting like hell with the girl with (or without) a skirt.
This book was such a fun read! I felt not only the chemistry between the two of them but also "my" chemistry with the book. I'm on holiday so I had the whole day to read (if I wished and I did!!) So I read this one almost without stopping.

Rich is so much more than he lets everyone see and how he opens up to Lendsey is just beautiful. I loved everything that happened with Lendsey's sister Maya and how it ended up, also loved Rich' family and how close they are and how Lindsey sees them and feel about them.

I felt the book had the perfect pace. Both Lindsey and Rich needed time to understand what and how they want from each other. Rich is such a MAN, a manly man, not the romantic kind but as I see it - the PERFECT kind. I'll take a Rich - a true prince - everyday, but I guess I won't find any loitering around.. or maybe I'm hanging in the wrong places ;


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 224 pages, 7 November 2013 / On GoodReads
 
ABOUT THIS SERIES
 
Cara McKenna who writes Erotica under her name and Contemporary Romance under this pan name (Meg Maguire) brings us - Willinski - a really sweet series of a strange kinda "combination" between Willinski fighting club and a matchmaking agency.

In the first book we meet Jenna WIllinski who inherited the fighting club from her father. Jenna didn't have any connection to her father after her parents split up and since he had quite the stain in his past she add no sentiment for the fighting club he built, all she wanted is use the space to open a matchmaking agency. That's the setting of all three of the books.

In each installment one of the characters from the matchmaking agency or the fighting club finds their HEA. I really enjoyed each and every one of the character's life story. It was beautifully built and a joy to read especially how it all works out in the end for all of them :)

I also loved the difference between the two places and how it was built into the story. In a way it was Masculinity vs Femininity in the most stereotypical way, and yet it wasn't somehow (especially in the last book). So different, yet somehow people will be people and it's all in the heart in the end :)

Really good series. The second was my favorite, the first was really good as well, the third was OK (though it did have a different note to it that made it special)

Books:
1. Making Him Sweat ("All or Nothing") [Mercer & Jenna] (published 19 February 2013) ★ ★ ★ ★
2. Taking Him Down ("Going to Distance") [Rich & Lindsey] (published 23 July 2013) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
3. Driving Her Wild ("Takedown") [Steph & Patrick] (published 1 November 2013) ★ ★ ★ ½

(Note - The books were re-published under new names).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment