My Menu

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Midnight Breed Series Companion (Volume #1) ((Midnight Breed #0.5 - Gideon and Savannah) by Lara Adrian ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

Usually I'm not into these companion sort of books but I guess after 11 books you kind of get "mixed-up" with everyone.. who's got which special power, what was that "guy"'s woman, how someone ended up etc. 
So it's nice to have this compilation you can check up the details of the characters, not only the main ones but much more than that. 


It could be a spoiler if you haven't read most of the books. I checked up Reichen when I first read about him because I was wondering if he's going to join the order.. It wasn't such a big spoiler but just keep that in mind and read about characters you already read about... and don't read about villains that are still "playing out" (aka Dragos..) if you haven't finished all the books... (yeah, I wish I hasn't done that too :D)

I haven't read all of it, just read what I was interested in, but it's really nice to breeze through from time to time, and when the 12th book would be out I will surely read through the summaries of the previous books.. (now its easy for me since I started when there were 11 books out.. now I'm on my 10th)

I liked the way this book is organized and all the knowledge it contains. 

Also, I would say the price is VERY reasonable (I'm reading everything on my kindle so I'm referring to the e-book edition).

It was nice getting the story of Gideon and Savannah. 
Here is the review I wrote: 

Sweet story. 
I really liked this one. even though it was short (a novella..) it wasn't lacking in action but also we had time to see the development of Savannah and Gideon relationship. 

When I think of how Gideon is behaving in the 3 books I've read, I think there is apparent calm about him. I can guess it's because of the resolve in this story and of course finding Savannah. He doesn't "itch" to battle. he is fine in his lab of the Order. 

The only thing "bad" I have to comment is that there is about a day (maybe a little less) that Savannah and Gideon stays in a house. I find it a little funny that she didn't eat all day long :D because there is no way there was any food there and none of them went out to bring any :D

I liked the fact that the technology was pretty basic but Gideon was obsessed with it even then and wanted to see how the technology builds up through time (which naturally he has a lot of ;))

Savannah's gift is pretty extraordinary! I see how she can help out the Order. Though it would have been cooler if she was more a fighter like Elise is. well, Elise is my favorite from the ones I've read :]







Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 300 pages, 16 September 2013 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus