Sunday, April 14, 2019

Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) [Etienne & Loupe] by Jennifer Blackstream

I have to say that though I decided to let this one go at 37% it really is about taste. I thought all characters were kinda childish and the synopsis unlikely (even for PNR). I don't know really, I couldn't connect with either character and I think you have to really be in a fairy-tale mood to enjoy this one because it truly FEELS like one, with the characters being naive and old fashioned.

This book is a "recreation" of Cinderella who is named in this one - Loupe (yep, a VERY unoriginal name). Her evil stepmother and 2 stepsisters treats her badly and keep her busy yet she still manages to enjoy at least one thing - taking care of 3 little wolf pups she hides in the forest near by. Her kinship with wolves started after she got bitten by a werewolf. Now she is a wolf when the full moon rises...



When Prince Etienne sees Loupe in the forest playing with the pups he is immediately drawn to her, especially as he is a werewolf himself (bred not bitten). Yet Etienne has his own problems, his wolf is fading and he is turning to a full human. His only chance is being bitten by a werewolf who was bitten (not bred), yep, like Loupe, though he doesn't know that about her when he sees her that first time.

I didn't get that far, but they are nearing to planning the ball as you can imagine - a key component in the Cinderella story. I found Etienne to be to flippant in his behavior and Loupe to be naive and childish in her decisions - like going to the prince (after meeting him ONCE) to go look for one of the pups who gone missing. Even WORSE was the KING going to look for the pup himself... Yeah, it was a bit strange how the Royal Family has NOTHING to do but entertain a villager who have lost a wolf puppy (after being left for a WEEK on his own).

It was sweet and endearing at times, but mostly it felt something for a teen to read. I'm not sure it's actually going to be suited later on.. ehm, ehm.. Generally speaking I think I would have preferred a more mature version of the story. I won't be continuing on with this series.


Rating:

DNF 37%
E-Book
Edition
212
pages
Read on:
13 April 2019
     

No comments:

Post a Comment