Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Lady in the Lake (Camelot West Virginia Season #1, Episode #2) by Emma Jameson & Cyn Mackley

I tried. I really did. But I didn't connect with this installment AT ALL. I've read 67% so you'd think I know what this one suppose to be about but I don't. I'm confused by all the characters and their connection to one another. I'm also confused by the semi-magical situations that occur. IS this a supernatural book? or are the people in this town a bit "off"? I really can't tell.

So this installment, as far as I understand, talks mostly about Mayor Dreama Avalon who is also "The Lady of the Lake" ever since she got her own lake when she was younger. We get to learn a bit about her childhood, who she married and a bit about the kind of person she is now.



We also got a reminder of other characters and at least one new one who IS dealing with a mental issue (and so thinks he is a king? and wants to go back to his castle?). There is just WAY too much going on in this one in a certain sense and in another it's just the rumbling of a major who can't help but swim naked in her own lake even if she keeps being interrupted by strange occurrences.

What was the point of this episode? I thought this book is going to be a sort of half mystery how romantic suspense with Misty and Merle being our main MCs, dealing with the strange things that happen in this town and somehow making it better. I can see the mystery, I can even guess about the romance(s) and even suspense but I have a feeling we're going to get even more confused with each installment as this goes ALL OVER THE PLACE with the amount of data (and characters) we are getting introduced to.

I'm sorry, I don't think this one is for me. It might totally be YOUR thing, try it out with the first installment (which I really enjoyed!) but be aware the second doesn't truly continue the first, it's like a side story? or another plot line? another point of view? I'm saying it's complicated. Are you the kind of person who is into complicated? If you are and if you aren't I guess you'll make your own decision.

Rating:

DNF 67%
E-Book
Edition
~120
pages
Read on:
9-10 March 2019
  

No comments:

Post a Comment