Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Heart of Frost (North Pole City Tales #2) [Jack & Rudy] by Charlie Cochet

I didn't like this one at all :( The pace was very strange, mostly it was slow. The relationship between Rudy and Jack was already established YEARS ago, they were sweet together, at times a bit too sugary even. But my problem was the plot part of the story took WAY too much time and while all the action happened Jack behaved SO badly I couldn't care less about him. Yeah he had his reasons and mostly he "wasn't to blame" still doesn't mean I like him..



Rudy and Jack have been in a secret relationship for years. Yet they have kept it a secret most of their lives only to reveal it about a year ago when they met Noel and Tim (now Rudy's helpers). It's not because they are gay.. it's because Jack is a prince and though Rudy is a well known and admired pilot he is still common and not royalty. Yet Rudy means the world to Jack and not only because he saved his life years ago. 


When Rudy's life is in danger Jack finds himself in the same place he was years ago when Rudy and him connected while Jack taught him how to fly. Rudy is determined to have his Jack but Jack is more determined to make the one who hurt Rudy pay no matter the cost. 


As I've written above, I didn't like this one. The pace was mostly slow and then when the action started I found I totally lost interest in Jack. If the book would have grabbed me from the start maybe I could have been more tolerant towards Jack and everything that happened yet I was mostly tired of him (and Rudy). I'm not even sure what was the point of this book because if you think about where we start and how we finished very little has happened to make a difference especially for the next installments. 


Frankly as I wasn't that impressed with the 1st installment - "Mending Noel" - I won't be continuing on with this series. 



Rating:
E-Book
Edition
91
pages
Read on:
4-6 January 2018
     

No comments:

Post a Comment