Sunday, June 28, 2015

Merger by Cecilia Ryan

So so short yet beautiful beyond words! Whenever I add another of Cecilia's novellas into my "Read" pile I look longingly at her GoodReads page and wish for another book to appear, yet at the moment it seems there are no new material since 2012. It really makes me sad because I only have two novellas left..

It doesn't even make sense to me to be over emotional about a character I've only just "met" something like 2 pages ago. Yet this is exactly Cecilia magic way with words. The relationship between Owen and Carter was heart clutching from the start. There was something there that drew me into the characters' life and all I wanted was for them to realize just how much they mean to one another. 



Carter and Owen are friends, not just friends, friends with benefits. It worked for years yet when Carter blurts to Owen "I love you" everything changes. Owen is so overwhelmed he doesn't say what he should have said, what he felt for way too long and thought wasn't reciprocated by his friend. Seeing them apart, the struggles, the pain they were suffering was almost too much. I was wrecked. which sounds SO damn stupid considering this WHOLE novella is 41 pages.. Yet it was sensitive and emotional in a way it's simply impossible not to FEEL the two of them, the connection they have and cheer for them to find the way to express how they truly feel and how they want the relationship to be. 

The end was quite abrupt, I wish there was a little bit more to this one, yet this is the glimpse we got and it was so beautifully written I can't really complain. 

Can't wait to read more of Cecilia's novellas and surely can't wait for her to release new ones! 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 41 pages, 28 June 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment