Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #4) [Brad & Sebastian] by Anne Tenino

I'm disappointed.  I mean, I KNEW where this one was going but it's not just the fact that Brad and Sebastian are s/D (now), that was half obvious to happen from the first installment in the series - "Frat Boy and Toppy" - in which we were introduced to them..It's the fact that I LIKED Sebastian before, yeah he had a little bit of a mean streak to him, but I thought it funny at the time, as he's being sarcastic, now I realize I just don't like him as a person and so him getting a HEA with a guy I actually DO really like - Brad - made their whole relationship turn sour in my mouth. 

In the previous installment in the series we get a glimpse of Brad and Sebastian and it's obvious they are having problems as a couple. There is a scene which shows they are working on it or have worked on it but that's all we get. This scene is being referred to but not re-played (which I liked) and generally speaking there is no need to read the previous installment before reading this one, there aren't even any spoilers, only things that are mentioned in the synopsis of the book. But you DO need to read the first installment to get Brad and Sebastian's relationship. Because otherwise I don't think you'll EVER understand why a sweetheart like Brad can  find himself with someone AWFUL like Sebastian. 

Let's be truthful here, I'm never a true fan of BDSM. I mostly don't get it. Sometimes I do and then it works out beautifully, sometimes I just accept it works for that specific couple, sometimes I just chose to ignore the sex scenes and then I'm fine even though I don't really get it.. With this one it was mostly the first chapter in which we realize just how much of a douche bag Sebastian is and how much he took Brad for granted. Yeah you could say he "redeemed himself" later on, but I for once, wasn't fooled! THIS is who he is and if he wants to become a Dom he really SHOULD understand that his submissive should NEVER feel used or neglected. I get it, at stressful times we are less ourselves but I didn't really believe it was just that. Sebastian does his best to behave with the people around him but he is mostly self centered A-hole as his POV TOTALLY shows. At times he plays human, with Brad, with the people he must interact with.. But it doesn't change who he is. he ISN'T a nice guy. He isn't a WORTHY guy to be with Brad and certainly not be his Dom. That's too much responsibility as I see it. I don't believe he truly had an epiphany when he realized he was neglecting Brad over his thesis. I just think he realized he is very close to losing something he wants and needs. That's NOT the same thing.

I'm sorry, I don't like this short novella AT ALL. I had to skim through the two last chapters, couldn't even try and read the sex between them. Sebastian gesture to Brad in the end was VERY expected but naturally I didn't like it. For me it only showed possessiveness. Yeah it's part of the BDSM theme, but I didn't buy it because I don't see their relationship positively. Let's put it this way, I don't see the love as I want to see it in a romance novel. 

I should also note that this short novella unlike the other ones in the series was all about the drama - resolving the problems they were having as a couple. There isn't a real plot around them (it was too short for that) and it didn't have the high note of humor the other ones had. I'm not saying it because of how I felt towards Sebastian, it's truly had a totally different vibe than the others installments, maybe because it needed to give another sort of closure to Sebastian and Brad's story which wasn't delivered in the first installment. In the previous one we got a full story and for me more a sense of HEA that the HFN we got in the first installment of Brad and Sebastian.  



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 65 pages, 11 October 2016 / On GoodReads
 
 
ABOUT THIS SERIES
 
Theta Alpha Gama is a New Adult MM Romance series by Anne Tenino. It's mostly A LOT of fun, A LOT of sexy and steamy. Easy read, very little angst and just a easy LOL read. The first three are stand alone ones, but since the 4th is the continuation of the 1st installment it should be read in order (or at least after the first), and the last one containing a big reveal from the previous one. 

The series started out GREAT for me, it's so much FUN! If you don't laugh-out-laud you are at least amused most of it, but I gotta say, the long installments (3rd+5th) were TOO long for me. It wasn't just about the couple it was a lot about the fratboys which though was stupidly funny it was also a bit too much padding for the couple's story IMO.

This series would be PERFECT for a careless holiday either being on one or longing for one ;)  

Note - I REALLY disliked the 4th installment it's a continuation of the 1st installment and it's not just the fact it's BDSM I just came to truly dislike on of the MC. It was also unlike the other novels in the total vibe of the story (was all about the drama, no humor)

Books:
1. Frat Boy and Toppy [Brad Feller & Sebastian DeWitt] (Published 26 March 2012) 
2. Love, Hypothetically [Paul & Trevor Gardiner] (Published 25 August 2012) ★½ 
3. Sweet Young Thang [Collin Montes & Eric Dixon] (Published 20 July 2013) 
4. Good Boy [Brad Feller & Sebastian DeWitt] (Published 5 October 2013) 
5. Poster Boy [Toby Moore & Gavin "Jock" Gervaise] (Published 20 April 2014) ★½ 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment