Saturday, January 9, 2021

2020 Yearly Recap

 Well, this is embarrassing.. I'm not even sure what to say - TO MYSELF. 

2020 started with a strange virus, 12 months later and life is not as it used to and not only because we are all dealing with a world wide pandemic. 

Nearing the middle of the year three things happened - First is something I almost forgot - I moved out! I LOVE my new place, I think it took me maybe a day to feel settled! But it took a bit longer for the dogs and naturally new place means a lot of little (and some big) things to organize. I couldn't be more happy to be HERE in this place especially during the lock downs. I have much more space physically but mostly mentally. This truly feels like HOME.  

Second - I stared a new (educational) program. One I originally wanted to enroll way back in 2009. It feels like the perfect fit for me as well as a very well suited "companion" to the other program I've been studying the past few years. I hope celebrating my 40th birthday this year will bring a new career one that fills me with contentment, appreciation and joy. 

Third - And last - I was elected to a new position in the "dog world" (let's leave it at that ;)). It takes time and effort, more than I realized. It's more than just learning the "bits and ends" of the job, it's also learning to negotiate and communicate with people in a different capacity than I was used to. If I put aside the more difficult and frustrating scenarios and the sheer amount of time this (volunteer) position is taking, it's actually very fulfilling and dare I say FUN!

All that being said where does it leave my reading? Honestly, very low on my list not because I don't want to read but because I'm too tired at the end of the day and I can't afford to spend whole evenings devouring books. I miss reading SO MUCH. 

Seeing My Year in Books by GoodReads is a bit discouraging truth being told. 


And sadly, I know 2021 isn't going to be very different where reading (and time) is concerned. But as I've actually read one book this month (review coming soon) it solidified even more how much I NEED this break. I won't be able to read the volume of books I was able to the past few years, I might be able to read maybe a third (and probably less than I did in 2020). So I'm going to do my best to cherish each one and make them count! 

I DID manage to finish all of - KJ Charles, Elijah J. Davis, Tere Michaels, Anne Tenino & Cari Z.'s booklists which was FABOULOUS. Though I didn't end up finishing - Mary Calmes, Emma Jameson, Aleksandr Voinov and rather new to me Elle Brownlee. That is going to be my main focus besides the ones by my favorite authors.

Trying to sum up this year is hard, to keep it short and precise I'm mentioning ONE favorite from EACH month, it will be my way of saying sometimes less is ENOUGH. 



I can't do this! This is cutting to the bone! 
First I feel HORRIBLE for leaving some of the books behind 
and also NOT mentioning 4 more of my absolute favorite authors 
as well as one joyous surprise in a new to me author. 

There is very little surprise to this list. Next year's list will have different covers but not so different lineup of authors. These gals give me JOY.

If you've been here a bit or a lot, even if it's your first time here - Thank you.

Mostly I feel like I'm writing to myself. Maybe I am. It's not a bad thing actually. It' makes me appreciate even more my wonderful world of books. 

Hope everyone will be having a better year in 2021 - That won't be a hardship 😝🥰 

No comments:

Post a Comment