Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Yearly Recap

Another year has gone.. Time to look at what I've been reading :)

I do these recap every year and it makes me realize the shear volume of how much I read. I can't possibly remember everything I read... I don't have a really good memory to books I've read just once, and since there are SO MANY it's hard for me to re-read books (unless I listen to them..). So making this list makes a little bit of difference in reminding myself what I've been up to in 2019.


That's what GoodReads have to say about my statistics. It's a bit different than what I have, but I realized it's because there are some booksets as well as books I've re-listened to and such.

My statistics actually says 124 books (+ 8 DNF books). Total 262,692 pages, averaging 72 pages a day which is actually not bad (though I make my list according to 100 pages I almost NEVER actually read hehe).

A bit of "fun staff", the longest and shortest books I've read this year have both been by Anyta Sunday (a bookset and a VERY short novella). My most popular read haven't even been a romance novel, but a lifestyle / health book "The Obesity Code" which I HIGHLY recommend. The least popular book on my list was a book I added to GoodReads! It's an online read by Cari Z. I've added all of her online reads from her blog this year as I've been going through them. They are really AWESOME I don't get why she doesn't publish them. She deserved to be paid!

My average rating is pretty high - 4.5 stars which is really no wonder as I try and add books by authors I already know and love. Besides those I try and add authors I stumbled upon and loved and if it worked for me I go through all of their book list. Had a few of those this year!

My most read authors this year has a lot to do with reading / finishing entire book lists. So first place goes to Annabeth Albert (31 books), then Anyta Sunday (30 books). Cari Z. I actually have just ONE book left on her book list I haven't finished! (17 books), Lara Adrian mostly under her first pen name Tine St. John (9 books). I also finished reading all of Suki Fleet's booklist this year (3 books).

Naturally there were also books by my absolute favorite authors - Christina Lee (6 books), Sarina Bowen (5 books), Garrett Leigh (5 books),Charlie Cochet (3 books) and last but not least Mariana Zapata (1 book) and Joanna Chambers (1 Book) as that's what they published this year.

In a way similar to what I did last year, I'll be linking to my absolute favorite books of this year (this time firstly by author, then by genre) - ones I've given 4.5-5 stars rating. There are A LOT of those, I know, but I attribute it to me knowing to pick THE BEST authors ;)

Lara Adrian (Tina St. John) (♂♀)
Historical Romance: Lord of Vengeance
Warrior Series: #1 White Lion's Lady, #3 Lady of Valor
Paranormal Romance: Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)

Annabeth Albert (♂♂)
Contemporary Romance: Resilient Heart, Arctic Wild (Frozen Hearts, #2), Tease Me (#Gaymers, #3.6), Waiting for Clark, Save the Date (with Wendy Qualls), Better Not Pout, Mr. Right Now.
Portland Heat Series: #1-#3 Bundled Up, #3.1, #4.1 Cranky Christmas + Knit Quick
Rainbow Cove Series: #1 Trust with a Chaser, #2 Tender with a Twist, #2.5 Lumber Jacked
New Adult: Winning Bracket

Sarina Bowen (♂♂ / ♂♀)
Contemporary Romance: Brooklyn Bruisers Series: #5 Overnight Sensation, #6 Superfan
New Adult: Extra Credit (The Ivy Years, #6), Top Secret (with Elle Kennedy)
Romantic Suspense: Moonlighter (The Company, #1)

Serena Bell (♂♀)
Contemporary Romance: After Midnight

Charlie Cochet (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceThree Little Words
Romantic Suspense: Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4), Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)

Elizah J. Davis (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceFirsts and Forever, The Promise of Snow

Riley Hart (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceCrossroads (Crossroads, #1)
[ Also Science and Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1) and Forever Moore - with Christina Lee ]

SE Jakes (♂♂)
Romantic Suspense: Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)

Christine Lee (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceRedeem (Under my Skin, #4), Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas, #2)
New Adult: A Breath Apart, Kickflip, Science and Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1) (with Riley Hart)
Paranormal RomanceForever Moore (with Riley Hart)

Garrett Leigh (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceKiss Me Again 
Paranormal Romance: Fated Hearts (Shadow Bound, #1)

Tere Michaels (♂♂)
Contemporary Romance: Forever & Ever (Faith Love & Devotion, #7), One Night Ever After (with Elizah J. Davis & Elle Brownlee), Groomzilla

Cari Z. (♂♂)
Contemporary RomanceLove Letters
Mariana Zapata (♂♀)
Contemporary RomanceThe Best Thing

Before I finish this list there are two more books I want to add "The Obesity Code" by Dr. Jason Fung and "Delay, Don't Deny" by Gin Stephens. These two are books related to lifestyle and health. As I've mentioned before, I've been through quite the change this past year and a half. A big part has to do with nutrition. If you're even slightly interested in health and bettering yours I say give these two a go. Though I started with Jason's book, I think in a way it's easier to start with Gin's. They basically discuss the same ideas with an emphasis on Intermittent Fasting ("IF") and it's benefits, but the whole structure and the way they are written is totally different. I've been practicing IF for about 6 months and I can tell you now - I don't want to ever stop!

That's it for 2019. Can't wait to start the first book of 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment