Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Reformation (Bonded, #6) [Cody & Ten] by Cari Z.

Outstanding. This book closed most of the major threads of the Bonded Universe and though I'm happy with the way things have ended I'm still somewhat sad. I think I took one of the MCs moods to heart which only shows how attached I got to this story/world. Like the previous ones, this is not a romance novel though there are romantic threads - Cody and Ten as well as Garrett and Jonah who even when they are apart are somehow together.

Raymond Alexander the Governor of the Federation have had enough. He is ready for his last steps to stop the silent rebellion mostly done by Garrett and his close family against him. First step - Annihilation of Pandora (especially when Jonah is there for his usual errands) with his fleet of "pirate" ships that have been reeking hell throughout the planets of Fringe. Second step reinstating Miles Caractacus (Garrett's father) as the head of the (smaller and inexperienced) force against these "pirates" (getting rid of him as well) and third but not really last is using Cadets from The Academy as soldiers in this attack making sure Cody and his friends would be assigned as well (yet, removing them from the equation as well). While he truly believes he COULD take Garrett out if he wanted to - taking out his family would have the effect he would enjoy more.



If you've read the first two paragraphs you realize reading this one WITHOUT the previous novels in this universe is going to be a VERY bad idea. There are too many details AND characters and while there are a lot of small reminders out there nothing is better as enjoying the whole ride. This is my third book in a row of this series and I can express how sad I am that there is nothing more - yet! I'm waiting for Robbie and Wyl's story! I'm sure that if I realized back when I started this series this so much more I would have read it back then. Silly me.

While Raymond have been working on his plans for YEARS, Garrett haven't been idle either and he has now friends he can use to dig deeper into Raymond's past and his current activities as well. Mostly through Admiral Liang (I'd love to get HIS story as well!). He has shown he can use his resources and spies in the past and he has his ways of getting information now as well. Garrett was working HARD but the way Raymond managed to isolate Garrett from his family was HEART BREAKING. While Cody had Ten in a grand adventure of their own trying to save Jonah (with Ten's toolkit and a hoover-bike), Jonah had someone else to care for while trying to survive himself and Miles leading the ships with Darrell and Grennson as well - Garrett was truly sitting in his room all on his own hoping that all of his well played maneuvers would not only stop Raymond but would allow him to have his family back together whole and safe. My only recommendation here is "trust the process" or rather, trust Cari it will work out in the end.

This book was SO action / suspense packed I couldn't and didn't put it down! It was my birthday today and I honestly couldn't have asked for more than immerse myself with a whole book, especially one as wonderfully written and engaging as this one.

I've already said it - OUTSTANDING. But start from the beginning. It's all FREE on Cari's blog though I honestly would have loved for it to be published so Cari could be paid for her wonderful work.

Rating:
Free
Read
193
pages
Read on:
October 2019
 
 

ABOUT THIS SERIES
 
Bonded Universe is mostly a free online by Cari Z. It's hard for me to categorize this series. Three out of seven are for sure Sci-Fi MM Romance but the next ones are more of Suspense / Adventure / Journey.

Though I'm NOT a Sci-Fi reader I AM a Cari Z. Reader ;) Which is why I gave these a go. The first ones I read I needed time to get used to the world and the futuristic feel of it all but once I got into it, I realized I simply ADORE this series and truly can't wait for more! and there's GOT to be more as there is at least two things left unfinished (in Redstone).

The series starts following Garrett and Jonah from when they met on their way to the remote planet of Pandora. From there it was obvious they are not going to stay apart no matter the complications. These two are the MCs in the first two books in the series.

The 3rd book is totally independent and also the only PUBLISHED book in this "series". It's the story of Jason and Ferran (an alien) finding a life together in the alien planet Ferran grew up in.

From there the series goes into a bit of a different direction. The first three were absolutely romance novels, but the next 3 are more on suspense of a sort of journey/adventure to dealing with the corruption of  the current Federation regime. In these books A LOT of characters, side characters as well as main ones from the previous 3 books takes a more prominent stance. All of them together with the next generation (Jonah's son Cody as well as Jason and Ferran's adopted son) playing a role in making things RIGHT for ALL the occupants of the Federation.

[ I'm organizing the books by date of publication, what makes sense to me. There is no "real" Bonded Universe series, I'm making it so it's easier for other people to understand the timeline / order of the series. ]

* First published in two parts "Opening Worlds" & "Changing Worlds" in 2011-2012.

** There was another story of Robbie and Wyl uploaded to a writing site before all of these. But sadly I simply couldn't find it.. Maybe Cari would bring it back someday..

Books:
1. Pandora [Garrett Caractacus & Jonah Helms] (Uploaded 26 September 2010 to 7 January 2012) ★★★★
2. Paradise [Garrett Caractacus & Jonah Helms] (Uploaded 28 July 2012 to 15 January 2013) ★★★★
3. Changing Worlds* [Jason Kim & Ferran Grenn] (Published 22 October 2016) ★★★★
4. The Academy [Cody Helms & Tiennan "Ten" St. Florian]  (Uploaded 3 November 2013 to 19 August 2014) ★★★★★
5. Redstone [Robbie Sinclair & Wyl**] (Uploaded 12 May 2015 to 26 January 2016) ★★★★★
6. Reformation [Cody Helms & Tiennan "Ten" St. Florian] (Uploaded 2 August 2016 to 18 July 2017) ★★★★★
 

No comments:

Post a Comment