Friday, August 16, 2019

William (Enemies to Lovers #3) [Will & Heath] by Anyta Sunday

It's hard for me to summarize my thoughts about this book. I started really liking it, liking Will and his freakish behavior, trying to like Heath but not successfully getting there. I think that's my problem really. I didn't get Heath. His behavior was a constant "Hot-Cold". When he was cold he was downright mean to Will but when he was hot it was worse. He was SO high-handed I felt I can't connect with him AT ALL and didn't understand what Will saw in him. The story, through the name of the book, holds a dark secret, a truly heart breaking one and though I felt bad for the Wallace family and everything they went through I didn't feel the coupling of Heath and Will was "right".

After his bad break up with Karl (the MC from the second installment), William Sharp needs to sort his life. He decides continuing his studies in the far away New Zealand is his best bet. He got a sweet deal with Vicky Wallace who offered him a place to stay while her son is in College but not long before he arrives Vicky tells him of a change in plans - her son would actually be living with them. Nothing to freak about really.. Right?



While he has a great start with Vicky (only qualm being her insisting on calling him "William" while he prefers the less stuck up and official version - Will), he and Heath don't get along AT ALL. Heath tells him right from the start he better start looking for another place before things would "crash and burn". Heath is being cryptic about the whys and Vicky having "bad days" she can't lift herself of her bed isn't helping. There's a secret. A dark secret the Wallaces' are NOT telling him.

He finds great friends at College. Freaks like him! Well, each is different yet they are all the same, if they wear a cape and a wand a few times a week or they don't.. They were a nice add. I liked seeing Will finding his place even while not truly realizing it. He might be considering going back to the States, but for me it was obvious he felt simply GREAT in this new wonder of a place. Only question is, will he share his new found happiness with Heath who plays "Hot-Cold" with his interest in Will.

Their romance was a bit strange. At a certain point Heath was clear about his attraction to Will but not clear on what his intentions are.. Though he started acting jealous and high-handed fast enough..  Taking Will's phone and ending a call with a friend he though he was seeing romantically, removing items out of Will's bag before a cycling trip together ("we can share a toothbrush"). Maybe others would find his behavior endearing I found it disgusting. It was obvious at a certain point Heath DOES care for Will but I didn't like the way he showed it. We only get Will's POV. I wonder if I would have felt differently if I could be inside heath's mind - understanding his motives..

I don't know. I enjoyed so much of this book, but NONE of it was the romance. I think it was mostly the journey Will went through from a guy who can't find himself anywhere, having the WORST slip ups possible, to someone who feels a lot better about himself, can even handle his quirkiness better, have friends he can count on and even in the very end a guy of his own. Will deserved all that. Though he shattered Karl's life he truly meant well, he acted from his heart and it cost him (and Karl..) everything. Now he can finally make it up to HIMSELF with a future of his own.

Like the other books in this series this book can be read on it's own. Yeah you'll get a bit about Karl (from the second installment) but frankly it doesn't really matter to the story. Though this wasn't my favorite I'm interested what the next one will be like as we've already met the two MCs and KNOW they don't get along.. One being a real douche..

Rating:
½
E-Book
Edition
225
pages
Read on:
15-16 August 2019
      

No comments:

Post a Comment