My Menu

Saturday, December 31, 2016

December 2016 Recap

My last recap for 2016! I actually read more this month than I've every month this year, only shows that it can be done ;) I've read A LOT of amazing novels and a few which were a bit disappointing but all in all a sweet way to finish 2016 reads.  

Total Read - 13 ebooks ( +3 DNF ) / 3453 pages (~111 pages a day)

Last month was my most read month of the year with 97 pages per day. Amazing how it topped it off! 


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ 
This month I continued the Contemporary MM Romance series "Bluewater Bay". I really enjoyed the short novels in "Light's Camera! Cupid" and besides the one by SE Jakes my most favorite ones continued in the next installments - "Wedding Favors" by Anne Tenino and "The Deep of the Sound" by Amy Lane. While there are some connections between the novels in the series, mostly are stand-alone novels. They just share the same surrounding of Bluewater Bay and the changes this small town went through after the successful TV show came to film in their midst. It also means that some novels are AWESOME and some aren't as good but it's nice getting to know more authors and naturally enjoy ones I already know I love. 

"Glass Tidings" by Amy Jo Cousins was a beautiful sweet surprise. I'm not really sure why but with Amy some books I absolutely LOVE and others I don't really connect with. This Contemporary MM Romance novel was a true favorite. It was such a tender love story I couldn't have asked for more than the beautiful love story and it's buildup.  

"Getting Inside" is the first installment in the "Seattle Grizzlies", Serena Bell's new Contemporary Romance series focusing on Football. Though I'm not a fan of sports myself (not even to watch) I really enjoyed our introduction to the team, especially with not only a strong male character, but also a woman who is confident, successful and knows what she wants. 

"Hard Hitter" by Sarina Bowen is the second installment in the "Brooklyn Bruisers" Contemporary Romance series. My review of this one would be published on January 3rd, the day it's out so for now all I can say is - IT WAS AWESOME. I loved it SO MUCH. I enjoyed both MCs and the journey they both had to deal with in order for them to be together. 

"Return on Investment" (the two parts) by Aleksandr Voinov was another beautiful surprise this month. While I LOVED most of Aleksandr's work, I wasn't sure about this one. I categorize it as Contemporary MM Romance but only because of the second part which IS a romance novel, the first one, is more of an "coming of age" though NOT in the typical way we are used to in New Adult novels (which this one WAS NOT). It was about the finance world, something I know NOTHING of, which made it a bit difficult for me to understand at times but I have to say, these two stuck in my mind for a while, not wanting to let go so all I can say is - have an open mind and read it! 

"It's You" is a two-part Paranormal Romance story by Katy Regnery (writing as K.P. Kelley). While I've read many of Katy's Contemporary Romance novels, I didn't know how this one - a Paranormal would work for me - it worked wonderfully! I loved it so much! The two parts were SO intense, I didn't want to put them down but I was also SO frustrated because I couldn't WAIT for everything to work out. 

I didn't know what to expect from "Shattered Glass" by Dani Alexander. I had it for SO long on my list, and I'm SO happy I added it on the last moment. It was a GREAT Romantic Suspense (MM) novel, held me on the edge of my seat but also warmed my heart with a very slow yet fast pace in the romance department. I loved Austin Glass with all his faults.  

★ DNF ★ - Cries and Sniffs for the Disappointments - ★ DNF ★
These two novels in the "Bluewater Bay" Contemporary Romance series just didn't "catch" me which is why I didn't finish both of them. Basically I had the same issues with "When to Hold Them" by G.B. Gordon (MM Romance) and "Stuck Landing" (FF Romance) by Lauren Gallagher, I just didn't like the characters, didn't connect with them and didn't see how they could even work. I guess it's subjective, someone else might find the exact thing I disliked very appealing. 

"Bitter Taffy" the 2nd installment in the Contemporary MM Romance series "Candy Man" by Amy Lane was a bit too slow for me I think, but generally it had the same problem I had with the above novels, I just didn't connect with the MCs. Didn't really "get" them. Considering how much I loved Amy's other novels especially the one I've read this month ("The Deep of the Sound") I really don't know why that is. But I guess since everything about reading is subjective so is my reading experience. 

 ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

This is where I'm going to end my recap, the last of this year. Each year I try to change things up a little bit, so we'll see if this format is going to change. it might.. it probably will be.. because that's me.. I like to see change in a good way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus