My Menu

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 2016 Recap

Doing these posts allows me not only to summarize my reading but look at each month, what I did, what I accomplish and naturally what I've read or rather planning on reading. I love doing that, especially in a month most of it was filled with FABULOUS reads. I had to change up a bit but generally speaking this month I've read more than I have in a LONG time which for me shows I CAN find more time to read when it's totally worth it (November Goals). 


Total Read - 13 ebooks / 2917 pages (~97 pages a day)

There are two books I'm not sure about their length.. so I'm basically guessing what FEELS right. I don't know why one just doesn't have any page count and the other the page count seems TOTALLY off.. 



★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ 
I started this month with an AMAZING Urban Fantasy / Paranormal MM Romance series I'm OBSESSED about. Can't wait for the next installments to come! I"m talking about " THIRDS" by Charlie Cochet. I gulped down each book and truthfully couldn't put it down. It focuses mainly about one couple and so it takes time for them to find their HEA (which I really enjoyed). The supporting characters are GREAT and also getting a few books about them was fun. Can't recommend this one enough! The world building is beautifully done. Loved the way Charlie built the history of a shifter species. 

Another sweet and beautiful (sub) series was "The Rousseaus" a part of the Blueberry Lane series by Katy Regnery. I enjoyed each book individually, though they talk about three siblings, each book is totally different and each book I read I loved more than the other. These book are so endearingly sweet and fun to read.

▲  ▲ On the Fence ▼  ▼
While I enjoyed both novels, for both of them something was missing. 

I wanted A LOT more from the Contemporary MM Romance novel "The boyfriend Makeover" by River Jaymes especially considering how much I LOVED the two previous installments in the series.

I actually really enjoyed reading the Historical MM Romance novel "Nightingale" by Aleksandr Voinov, I was just a bit too depressed with the overall setting (which COULD be expected considering it taking place in WWII). Maybe I needed to be in a less positive mood while reading it? I'm not sure.. I DO recommend it! It was exceptionally written (as always). 

"Burn" was a sort Sci-Fi MM "Romance" short novella by Aleksandr Voinov. It's not that it wasn't good, it's me who gets confused with those kind of techy and geeky terms and since it was REALLY short and had a lot going on, there was little time to introduce so many of those confusing details.. I was lost, but I'm still appreciative of a glimpse to a very unique story.  
 ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

That's it for this month Recap. All I can say is I hope next month would contain such an enjoyable assembly of books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus