My Menu

Monday, October 31, 2016

October 2016 Recap

This month I didn't finish all I had planned (per usual) but I had EXCELLENT reads (October Goals). I read books by authors I knew I enjoyed reading before, I had good laughs, emotional rides, a little bit of action and even a few vampires thrown in the mix



Total Read - 11 ebooks / 2521 pages (~81 pages a day)

Not that bad considering my previous months.. but there is still more to strive for (I mostly aim towards 100-110 pages a day). 


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ 
 
Chase the Sun the second installment in the New Adult MM Romance series Free Fall by Christina Lee & Nyrae Dawn was touching and beautiful but frankly, after reading the first one, I knew I'm going to love it. I loved all of Christina's New Adult novels so this one, shouldn't be any different. For both MC this is a true coming of age novel. 

It's been a while since I've read anything by Anne Tenino which is a shame, I love her humor and the sort of easy fun read she offers. The Theta Alpha Gamma New Adult MM Romance series wasn't any different it was funny, the kind of series you read to put yourself in an easy going state. It's mostly low on the angst and full blown on the ridiculous and fun, well, what can you expect from frat boys? I really enjoyed the first 3 installments - Frat Boy and ToppyLove, Hypothetically and Sweet Young Thang. There last two were so-so I guess, maybe I was just through with the college vibe.. 

Kristina M. Sanchez only published three books before this new one - Spaces between Notes but it's already obvious to me I'm going to read everything she publishes. I LOVE her writing. I LOVE the tender way she describes her characters. This one was so so beautiful and I really enjoyed how much real all characters in this book felt. No one's perfect, but accepting yourself is not as easy as it seems. HIGHLY recommended. 

I continued this month reading with two very different novels by Sarina Bowen. The first was Keepsake, the 3rd novel in the "True North" Contemporary Romance series and the second was Rookie Move, the first in the New Adult / Contemporary Romance Series Brooklyn Bruisers series (a spin off to the "Ivy Years" New Adult Series). Yet these two DID have something in common, in both of these the MC had to deal with a difficult past, one that keeps haunting them even when they don't even realize it. One is more down to earth, take a stroll through the apple trees in the farm, the other is flying fast through the ice on the Hockey rink and yet both beautiful touching stories. HIGHLY recommend both of them. 

I finished this months' read with the 14th and 14.5th novels in the Midnight Breed Paranormal Romance Series By Lara Adrian - Defy the Dawn and Midnight Untamed. I enjoyed both of them, but mostly I enjoyed the full length novel. I really dislike the fact there is only one novel each year, I LOVE this series, LOVE the world and the recurring characters. The main plot line is interesting and so with each book I'm intrigued to how everything would be solved in the end. Getting a short novella taking place in the same world (outside the plot line of the regular series) is always nice. It's getting to spend a little bit more time in this beautiful constructed world. If you haven't read this series yet it's a good time to start! There's almost a whole year before the next one will be published. 


 ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥


That's it for this month recap. I really enjoyed most of this month's reads. No wonder considering how much I enjoyed these authors in the past. Too bad for most of these authors I have a long wait until the next one..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus