My Menu

Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 2016 Recap

I'm getting there! I mean, it's pretty much what I managed to read last month so I'm quite pleased. I wish I could have added ONE more (April Goals) but alas, it would have to wait for next month.. 

Total Read - 8 ebooks (+ 1 DNF) / 2562 pages (~85 pages a day)

This month was suppose to be all about full length novels this month, that doesn't happen very often. and yet since I had one DNF I added one short novella to finish the month with a smile.    

★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★ 
The first series I read this month was "Rusk University by Cora Carmack. It's been a while since I read "Losing It" Cora's previous YA/NA series. I loved it and was SO happy she came up with a new series this time truly NA. The first two were great! loved them so much! The story isn't angsty, it's funny and easy to read. While the first couple were easy to see together I loved that the second couple on first appearance looked like they have nothing in common and yet it worked beautifully! [The third one wasn't a favorite though.. didn't like the heroine so had a hard time connecting with the romance story]. Can't wait for the next ones in the series! 

The second series was "Promises" by Amy Lane. ~sigh~ there is really very little or too much to be said about this BEAUTIFUL series. I love every character! (okay except for Crick and Benny's parents.. ;)) The series feels so damn realistic it's like I'm already part of the family, which really defines the books - the caring family Deacon builds around himself, gathering around him amazing people who also find their HEA around himself and Crick. I can't recommend this Contemporary MM Romance enough. Yeah it's a bit angsty, but it's so human and realistic I really feel like looking up "Levee Oaks" and going for a visit at the Pulpit. I should mention that the last book in the series is about closure and family in a different sense - everyone looking to have kids which wasn't my cup of tea really. I enjoyed getting more of the characters I love so much, but I still struggled with the baby/kids stuff.

I finished this month with "Frosted" by Katy Regnery. There is something beautiful and tender about Katy's writing, I enjoyed this Contemporary Romance novella SO much, it was different from what I"m used to reading - it's a second chance romance for a 56 years old woman, and though you'd think I'd have a hard time relating, I think there's a sort of message anyone can take and use in his/her life. It was short, mostly a "promise" for a future, not even a real HFN, but that's exactly what made it so realistic and relateable. 


★ DNF ★ - Cries and Sniffs for the Disappointments - ★ DNF ★
The last on this month's list was the long awaited "Always" by Kindle Alexander. I had this one and another one by Kindle for MONTHS on my list and something always came up and I had to postponed it for later. When FINALLY I could find the time to read only one of them I jumped with both my feet, imagine my sour disappointment when this one turns into the exact kind of book I can't stand - OTT jealousy and possessiveness and all that wrapped up in the swiftest insta-love and that's before the unrealistic setting... NOPE, not for me. DNF at 32% and not intending to read more by this author. 


 ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

That's it for this month's recap. 
Next month is mostly more by Amy and another whole new (to me) series and a dash of NA and even Historical Romance. 
Happy May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus