My Menu

Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 Recap

Truthfully there is VERY little that happened this month.. (January's Goals), well, not exactly.. I mean very little READING because I had A LOT to do concerning my new house which was fun :) I love moving to a new place, organizing my stuff and feeling the fresh start :)  

Total Read - 7 ebooks / 1587 pages (~51 pages a day)

One thing I haven't mentioned here, is a book I started and decided to put aside for next month (only read 15%..). I was just NOT in the mood for New Adult this month so I decided to give it a go when I'm more "myself". 

This Recap is going to be A LOT shorter than usual.. so here goes!

★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★

So this month I FINALLY started The English Brothers series (Actually "sub-series" in the Blueberry Lane series) by Katy Regnery. It was a JOY. I loved all MC, and the way the romance was building. half of them is a love rekindled which made it extra sweet, the the ones that weren't brought also a tender love story to cherish. These ones are quite short so with the first ones I kinda wished there was a little MORE but as the series continued, as we got more of the brothers and family tides they got better and better. My absolute favorite is the 4th of Stratton because Stratton ~sigh~ is PERFECTION, my absolute favorite Book Boyfriend :) I was never impressed with macho, alpha, high handed males, the silent sweet types for me are much appreciated :)



▲  ▲ On the Fence ▼  ▼
Well, Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover was actually an okay read, even more considering I gave it a 4 star rating, yet it WAS a bit of a struggle. I can't say I truly liked both MC. I had too many misgiving about their behavior, for me it felt a bit too "childish". I mean, if this was a YA novel I would have been fine with it, but I somehow expect more from NA though maybe I shouldn't. Mostly it was too much drinking to oblivion and not thinking before doing leading to.. Didn't really appreciate that.. I'm going to give the series another chance. I re-scheduled it for next month so we'll see how it goes. Also I DID mentioned above I wasn't into New Adult this month but I'm not sure if it has to do with me, or with this one putting me on the edge of what I'm "comfortable" with at the moment. 
I gotta say I feel a bit old saying these things. I think it's a very good story, with developing characters and A LOT under the surface, I just couldn't ignore the things that I never truly got even when I was younger. Which is exactly why I'm on the fence here, it's GOOD, it is! But too many misgiving to make it a favorite read. 




♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

See! Told you it's going to be short :) well, I DID read just 7 novels the whole month.. Outrageous!


Till next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus