My Menu

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Talker's Redemption (Talker #2) by Amy Lane ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

OMG this book was heart CRUSHING. I had a constant stomach ache. Yet I loved it. It was beautiful, sensitive and this time from Talker's POV which was even more difficult considering what it dealt with. Let me just say this before I continue - DON'T read this review if you haven't read the first one because my next sentence is going to spoiler..


In the previous one Talker goes on "The Worst Date Ever", it's positively a rape but since we don't get all the details and since Talker refuses to see what happened there as a rape it's hard to even try to envision the truth. What we get in this one is exactly that.. 

In the previous installment Brian beats the crap out of Trev, the guy who hurt Talker, in this one Trev comes for revenge and puts Brian in the hospital. The only way out of the messy situation is for Talker to fess up to what happened to him and yet even in his therapy sessions he has been going with with Brian for the past six months he is STILL unable to truly express what happens or admit to being raped.

The story deals with the now - Brian getting beat up, the hospital, the cops coming to get a confession of what went on, and the past - Talker and Brian's joined therapy sessions and what goes on there. We go through Talker's world and see just how much he is aching and just how much he tries to put aside the things he is unable to deal with. I was torn to pieces. 

As with the previous one we did get another happy for now. Again, for me it could be enough but I"m really happy I"m going to get another novella of Talker and Brian truly getting their HEA.




Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 79 pages, 28 December 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus