My Menu

Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 2015 Recap

Well, I can't believe this month is OVER (December's Goals). I moved out of my apartment in the middle of the month and it TOTALLY screwed my reading plans! Though I gotta say, it's WAY more peaceful living on my own, just me and the dogs, as it used to be before. I also have new options for reading spots which I really like! One is outside on a comfy sofa, though right now I'm sticking to bed under the covers with AC on (heat). 

Total Read - 16 ebooks (+ 1 DNF) / 2533 pages (~84 pages a day)

Quite similar to what I accomplished last month. 
I'll be posting another recap - a yearly one. I can't even remember if I did something like that last year.. I kept it simple, just my favorite books/series/authors - ones I gave 4+ star rating.


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
"The Deepest Blue" by Christina Lee is the second installment in the "Roadmap to Your Heart" Contemporary M/M Romance series. While I liked the previous one, the MC club vibe annoyed me a little. This one though, has nothing to do with the previous one (including the MC club) It was sweet and heart warming. I loved both MC and how they came together - wanting one another but keeping their distance, mostly because they don't realize they are both gay (Callum is deep in the closet..). Loved the atmosphere of the reserve Callum's family lives in and generally the family interaction between the siblings as well as with the grandmother (LOVED HER!) and their quiet father.

"Wish Come True" is a New Adult / Contemporary MM Romance Anthology by Joanna Chambers, Amy Jo Cousins, Megan Erickson, Kaje Harper, Keira Andrews, Suki Fleet & Anyta Sunday. Anthologies can be tricky, but since I knew about half of the authors I was more than willing to give it a go. It was SUPERB. 6 out of 7 were solid 5 star review. HIGHLY recommended especially since the profits go to a great cause. 

"On the Clock" is the 8th installment in the "Market Garden" Erotica MM Romance by Aleksandr Voinov & L.A. Witt. While I wasn't sure "Rolex" is such an interesting guy (when I've read of him in Tristan and Jared's story) I really came to appreciate both him and Jason. I liked how it played and how the romance was building especially how it effected both of them even when they failed to truly see it while it was happening.

"Can't Hold Back" by Serena Bell is the second installment in the "Returning Home" series. The first one being "Hold on Tight". When I read that one I didn't know it's going to be a series and BOY how excited I am to get MORE. Who doesn't like a wounded veteran as the MC, right? What I liked about both Nate (the hero in this one) and Jake (the hero in the previous one) is the fact they might be wounded, they might be somehow "flawed" and yet they are fighters, they don't sit and feel sorry for themselves and they are looking for a strong woman not just to lean on, because they truly appreciate a woman who knows what she wants and can handle herself but also has a HUGE heart to care for others. 

A while back I've read one short novella by Cari Z., it was a part of the GoodReads M/M Romance Group and LOVED it, then I found out she wrote MORE of those and so I had to try them ALL. This month I've read 4 - three of them were definitely favorites. They were very different, only this in common being it's MM Romance. "Making It Work" is a regular Contemporary Romance of love in the office. It was sweet beyond words. "In All Your Ways" is a Paranormal Romance about Angels and Demons, I loved the whole idea behind it. "Frieze Frame" was also Paranormal Romance but this time dealing with Ancient Greek and magic, yet the story moves quickly through time right to this time and ago. 

"Talker" series by Amy Lane was a surprise. I mean, I already KNOW I love Amy's books and yet I didn't know what I was getting into when I opened my kindle on the first page of Talker. It's sweet in a heart melting kind of way, and yet it's SO heart breaking, dealing with so much ache - both physical and mental - so it's hard to say I "enjoyed" reading it. I was broken to pieces so many times. Yet it was so so good. In a way each novella finishes with a very optimistic Happy For Now vibe, but to get the whole story you need to read them all. These MUST be read in order. Wow recommended! But prepare to be crushed before you are put back together in the final installment which was all about the love :) 

After enjoying "Wish Come True" I decided to add these free short novellas by Suki Fleet. These two couldn't be more different, in setting, in the characters themselves. "Lima Oscar Victor Echo and the Truth About Everything" is the sweetest MM New Adult romance of two best friends finally confessing their true feelings to one another while "Metronomy" is a MM Historical Romance with a Paranormal streak to it with a bit of witchcraft. It was more ruff around the edges and was action packed from the first paragraph almost till the very end. I loved them both, especially because they were so different yet both gave a full engaging story in not that many pages. 


▲  ▲ On the Fence ▼  ▼
"Sugarland Blue", is a Romantic Suspense series by Jo Davis. I've read the first prequel as well as the first 3 book in the series and I gotta say it's not what I wanted it to be.. This series is a sort of Spin-Off to "Firefighters of Station Five" which I really liked! It had romance but also a mystery and action. I felt as though this series was dealing with different stuff, focusing more on family life and less on the relationship buildup also the mystery was someone less prominent, or maybe it felt like it because the main focus was on family/kids. The books I DID read were okay (besides the 1st installment I DNFed) but they weren't holding me captivated enough to continue to the next ones (which I already decided I'm not going to read). 


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

So that's it for this month's Recap. I can't believe how much happened this year and this month specifically. I hope the next months in 2016 are going to be calmer (and enable me to read more or to be relaxed enough for reading). 
By Joanna Chambers, Amy Jo Cousins, Megan Erickson, Kaje Harper, Keira Anders, Suki Fleet, Anyta Sunday - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/2015/12/december-2015-goals.html#sthash.kOQGIqoM.dpuf

By Joanna Chambers, Amy Jo Cousins, Megan Erickson, Kaje Harper, Keira Anders, Suki Fleet, Anyta Sunday - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/2015/12/december-2015-goals.html#sthash.kOQGIqoM.dpuf
By Joanna Chambers, Amy Jo Cousins, Megan Erickson, Kaje Harper, Keira Anders, Suki Fleet, Anyta Sunday - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/2015/12/december-2015-goals.html#sthash.kOQGIqoM.dpuf
By Joanna Chambers, Amy Jo Cousins, Megan Erickson, Kaje Harper, Keira Anders, Suki Fleet, Anyta Sunday - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/2015/12/december-2015-goals.html#sthash.kOQGIqoM.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus