My Menu

Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 2015 Goals

An ending to a year I can't even remember how it started. This year had so many bumps, twists and turns, bringing it to an end truly sounds like a good idea. Especially with what I went through personally on November (Goals / Recap) which prevented me from enjoying my monthly reads in peace. While I don't expect this month to be peaceful I hope it will mark the end of a troubled year to be followed by a hopeful and enjoyable one.


This is the second installment in the Contemporary Romance series and I'm really anxious to have my hands on it! While I had my issues with the previous one, most of them had to do with the MC club (not a fan of the sub-genre) which is totally absent from this one - HOORAY! I absolutely LOVED Christina's NA series "Between Breaths" and I have this feeling that though the characters here are more mature it would have the same vibe. Personally I usually enjoy "personal journey" than action packed / mystery novels so I hope I'll be getting exactly that with this novel.

Wish Come True (Anthology)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
At the ending of the previous month I was happy to finish reading all of Joanna's published work but I'm so happy that it doesn't mean I have to wait long to read more books by her :) Here she is, with a few more writer presenting this M/M New Adult Holiday Anthology. 
I've already read a few novels by both Megan and Amy so I'm excited to read more by them. Also I've read another short novella by Kaja and promised myself to try out more by her (but hadn't had a chance yet). The other three authors as a bonus ;) I hope they'll be new adds to my favorites :) 

Hot Pursuit (Sugarland Blue #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★
On the Run (Sugarland Blue #4) 
Bring the Heat (Sugarland Blue #5)
A while back I had an "itch" to read a series with Firefighters, I got exactly what I wanted with Jo's "Firefighters of Station 5" and so when I realized there's a spin off series with some of the cops we meet there I had to add it to my list. Actually I thought about adding it earlier but since the last installment will be published in the beginning of this month I decided to schedule it right here! 


After I read these three I can say I've read (almost) all of Aleksandr's work. I did leave out a few with genres I'm less fond of, and I do have two more series he wrote in collaboration with other writers which are on my list, but all in all it's obvious Aleksandr is a favorite. He has very unique was of telling a story. It's not always what you'd expect but it's going to be quite a ride. 
While these three are all MM romance novels, they're suppose to be very different, the first a part of the Market Garden series and while I'm not usually into Erotica and BDSM (MM or not..) this series captivated me. I really enjoyed all the novels so far so I"m curious to read this one. It tells the story of the guy we meet in the first novella of Tristan and Jared. He is sort of the guy who brought them together (now finding his own HEA).
The other two I know less about, I've heard Return on Investment isn't a regular romance novel and Dark Soul is more of a Romantic Suspense.

Can't Hold Back (Returning Home #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Hold on Tight" is a Contemporary Romance novel I can't seem to stop recommending, there is something about it that is SO beautiful and I feel can appeal to different people for different reasons. It deals with so many subjects - being a single mom, hoping to find a significant other who would love your child, struggling to be financially independent, dealing with physical injury, finding someone who sees more than your physical imperfection, dreaming of reconnecting with a loved one from the past... It's SUCH a touching story and yeah, I'm a sucker for a good wounded veteran, but it turly has to offer so much more than that. Getting a second book in the series (while not even realizing it's going to BE a series) is all I could ask for, really. 



Talker (Talker, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Talker's Redemption (Talker, #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Amy is also the sort of M/M Romance writer who keeps surprising me with different stories that I wouldn't know what to expect and then BAM I'm hooked and in love and feel the total awesomeness of the ride. Yeah sometimes I don't really get it, and I feel as though I missed something along the way, but that won't stop me from obsessively going through her published work. There are MANY so it's going to be a project for 2016 (though I'll admit I probably won't finish all of it in a year..). 

Making It Work   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
In All Your Ways   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Frieze Frame   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ten Simple Tips for Surviving the Apocalypse   ★ ★ ★ ¾
I was introduced to Cari's writing through a blog I follow, I tried this one short novella and simply LOVED it. Since most of her work are short novellas I decided to add them to my ever growing reading list.   

Metronomy   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
 This two are a last minute add. This month had quite a twist in it near the end so I had to let go of the lengthier books and grab short ones instead which was a perfect opportunity to try two short free novellas from the M/M Romance Group in GR (like the ones by Cari Z. this month). I've only read one short novella by Suki from the Anthology I read at the beginning of this month - "Wish Come True".


A month to enjoy novels by a LOT of favorite authors - so let's end this year with a big smile, shall we? :)

Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus