My Menu

Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015 Recap

Unlike what I THOUGHT this month would be like, I actually had very little time to read.. and so my Monthly Goals kinda suffered.. First on the 8th of October I had that horrible exam. I still don't know how I did, have two more weeks to wait, so at the moment I'm in the "who freaking cares" mood :) 
Then I had a whole week that was deleted from my memories and another week I vaguely remember following an AMAZING vocation with my mom in the south of Germany on the "Castle Road". Beautiful panoramic views of old houses and the Neckar river and A LOT of old fortresses, some no more than ruins and other well maintained, extravagant castles. We even slept one night in one. No vampire or ghosts disturbed our sleep ;) 









 So how did I actually do? 



Total Read - 10 ebooks / 2688 pages (~87 pages a day)

I started this month with two new books I knew I"m going to enjoy - and that I did! Following by a new series I've heard great things about and was happy I finally had the time to read, after that my main focus was a Romantic Suspense series that was LONG overdue, I've heard so many rave about it, but frankly, I"m on the fence about it. Ended this month reading with a sweet fairy tale novella.
 
★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
To think it's been two years since I was first introduced to the Paranormal Romance series "Celtic Wolves" by Jan DeLima... The first book, also her debut novel, was amazing, but right from the start I was intrigued by Elen and Cormack's story which is exactly what we FINALLY got in "Autumn Moon". It was a JOY to read as were the previous ones, mature romance, beautiful characters development (actually for them it was from the first novel in the series), the plot was interesting and engaging, I thought it would conclude with this novel but I'm happy to be mistaken, there is more to come and I can't wait to read it! (next year... :( )

I'm obsessed with Sarina Bowen's writing. I don't care what she writes about I'll read it! This was the 5th (and also the last..) in the New Adult "The Ivy Years" series but don't be sad! There is a spin off series planned next, portraying the next characters out of college. Like the previous ones in the series, "The Fifteenth Minute" was dealing with unique problems, and yet it never feels depressing, there's always a positive feel to the story. I highly recommend all books by Sarina and can't wait for the spin off! 

My book friend Cristina have been recommending this series to me for while now, well, all books by Katy Regnery really. I'm a fairy tale lover like so many of us (closeted ;)) romantics. There is NEVER enough Beauty and the Beast novels and frankly not much of Hansel and Gretel at all! So getting both stories in a Contemporary Romance (modern) setting felt very special. I loved both stories, in a way "The Vixen and the Vet" (the first one) better than "Never Let Go" (the second) mostly due to the fact the second was a bit too long for me. Both were heart breakingly beautiful. 

The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian is one of my absolute favorite PNR series. I seriously can't rave enough about it! "A Stroke of Midnight" is a short outside story novella, could definitely be read as a stand alone, enabling to get into the world Lara so beautifully created without actually being spoilered from the previous installments. Unlike other short novellas in the series, this had a very "fairy tale" vibe to it, in an "Arabian Nights" sort of a way. Very sweet and yet also engaging. A fast enjoyable read.


▲  ▲ On the Fence ▼  ▼
The "Adrien English" Romantic Suspense series by Josh Lanyon is well known, not only that it has good rating and everyone seems to rave about it. Which is why I was VERY curious to try it out and see for myself what the hype is all about. I started reading these books a little before my vocation then during my vocation till almost the end of the month. Considering how short most novels in the series are - took me long enough to read them.. Somehow except for the 4th novel, the books weren't engaging enough. The mystery part of the story didn't "grip" me, it also felt very "amateur-ish" which was suppose to be part of Adrien's charm and yet I can't say I truly warmed up to Adrien, he was a very anti-hero kind of hero and I wasn't convinced by him. The romance part of the series was VERY weak. Though I wanted it to progressed it was always too little too late. 
Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bothered reading it. It was an okay read since the writing WAS superb (!) and yet so many things were not "it" for me I can't actually recommend it.


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥


That's it for my October Recap, can't believe this month is over already! So much has happened! and though I expected this month to mostly be about me getting my rest after the hectic summer months I'm not even sure I remember the half of it! 
I already organized my reading for 2016, can you believe it? Yep, I'm crazy like that.. though from how it seems I have to remove some books - while I did manage to read about 3 hours a day before my exam, now that I started studying again (about 2-3 times a week) I'm not sure I'll be able to hold on to that.. Don't you hate it when life get in the way of your reading? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus