My Menu

Thursday, October 1, 2015

September 2015 Recap

Today is my Birthday! I'm 34 Years Old! :) Can't say it's the best day ever.. Today is the last class before my HUGE exam next week so I'm quite stressed.. but hey! It also means it'll be over in a week! :) So Happy Birthday to me ;) 

Septembers Goals were quite modest, in the beginning of the month I didn't find any time to read AT ALL. I was also too tired, then I got SO stressed out from my studying and homework I stopped doing homework for almost two weeks basically rested and read to get my "zen" back. I honestly feel better, sometimes the best thing is to stop the madness and go back two steps in order to keep on pushing forward. 

Total Read - 11 ebooks / 1597 pages (~53 pages a day)

Even though this month was suppose to be worst than the previous month, I actually read more. I"m quite pleased with myself :) I finished reading all of Garrett Leigh's book list this month, I was already a HUGE fan, now I'm officially obsessed! If she even consider writing about a new species of pink elephants with butterfly wings who wish to populate the north pole - YEP! I'll definitely read it! ;)


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
"Out in the Blue" by Kelly Jensen is a heart felt short Contemporary MM Romance novella. I haven't read anything my Kelly before, and this was a very pleasant surprise. I loved that one of the MC wasn't "perfect", Not that defined and having too much body hair (for his liking ;)) also being a little over 40. The story felt very real and sweet and I loved how it progressed and ended. Looking forward to try more books by Kelly. 

"Another place it Time" was a GREAT Anthology. I loved 4 out of the 6 Historical Romance Novellas. Though they are all Histroicals they speak of different times in history which was really cool especially for someone like me who is new to the genre. I was already a fan of Aleksandr Voinov and Joanna Chambers so getting to read and enjoy two more authors was a nice bonus. I already added another Anthology featuring Kaje Harper and surely need to check more by KJ Charles

After enjoying the short read in the Anthology by Joanna Chambers I continued to "The Lady's Secret" another Historical Romance. It was absolutely beautiful. I've enjoyed every book I"ve read by Joanna and this was no different (though it DID have a female MC unlike the other books I've read by her which were strictly MM). The story was fun to read yet it was also tender and heart felt. I usually find it hard to relate to women in that time, yet Georgy could actually be called a feminist with how she viewed the world and with her simple desires (to enjoy running in pants and not with layers and layers of her skirt). I have two more book on my list to finish Joanna's published work, she is already on my "obsessed" list :)   

The Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian is my favorite Paranormal Romance, yet it's been almost a whole year since I"ve read the last installment so in a way though I was really pumped about reading "Bound to Darkness" I was also a bit worried that I won't find myself in the plot, forgetting too many details and generally speaking since I read less and less PNR these days I was scared I would "grow out" of the genre. Luckily I didn't ;) Though I do find some of the initial connection between Vampires dubious (as I keep on reading about "real" people) I really enjoy the amazing world Lara brought to life and Vampires will be Vampires which is also a blessing ;) YUM!
 
This month I had two series by Garret Leigh - "Heated Beat" and "Blue Boy". These two couldn't be more different. Even though both were MM novels, they ranged from New Adult to Contemporary with Blue Boy flaring to Erotica. The two series were very much character oriented. The first series with the music theme, was more on the emotional side, having quite a tender feel. The second series had a total different vibe, taking place in a Pron Studio and though dealing with the character's difficulties and not being just about the sex, the setting and the personality of the characters made it less "angsty". 
I enjoyed both series and can't wait for a new release by Garrett.

I had one "Disappointment" and one "On the Fence" reads this month but since both were short novellas I decided not to mention them at all.

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥
  
I really enjoyed my reading this month. Had a lot of great novels and novellas. Also what  kinda amusing was the fact in my course it was advised that we read books that are a little difficult for us (to practice our English), so my practice was the Historical Romance and two British novels, so even though I can't say they were truly "difficult", I do occasionally struggle with those.. Yep, I aced that assignment ;)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus