My Menu

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September 2015 Goals

I have high hopes for September being a bit more refreshing even though it's suppose to be the most stressful month of my course (the final exam is on the 8th of October). But since there are SO MANY holidays and little work this month I'm hoping I won't be as tired as I was the previous month, also the house I've moved into last month is FINALLY organized and it truly feels like a home now :) 

I feel quite "brave" with my initial plan of about an hour and a half reading a day when on August (Goals / Recap) I managed barely more than half an hour so we'll see how it goes.. 

This month is mostly about "catching up". I have a few novels I planned on reading the previous months as well as the last Garrett Leigh novels and also two full length novels by a new author I received great recommendation of, which I can only hope I'll actually get around to reading (nope.. sadly it didn't happen..).


Full Exposure    ★ ★ ★ ½
I really enjoyed the previous short novella Amy wrote for the M/M Romance Group on GoodReads, really looking forward to reading this Contemporary MM Romance novella as well. I have more by Amy scheduled for later on this year (after my exam), looking forward to these as well!


Out in the Blue    ★ ★ ★
Another Contemporary MM Romance I don't even remember how and when was added to my Amazon wishlist but as I was organizing it a bit I decided to actually check it out. Looks very sweet and exactly my forte.

Originally, I had this short Historical MM Romance novella planned for, maybe two months ago? then I realized it's a sort of "prequel" to Aleksandr's novella "Deliverance" in "Another Place in Time" so I decided to postpone it to this month and add the anthology right after.


Another Place in Time (Anthology)    ★
I got a recommendation for this anthology before I even realized it has two very favorite authors - Aleksandr and Joanna. I'm looking forward to this Historical MM Romance bundle. 

The Lady's Secret    ★ ★ ★
Joanna's "Enlightenment" Historical MM Romance series and mainly how much I enjoyed it was quite a surprise. Historical Romance isn't a genre I enjoy reading (and rarely venture to even try..) yet I tired it because it came highly recommended by a friend and also because I had a feeling, being a MM Romance, it would be somehow different - and it was!
This month I'm being "brave" with trying out a "regular" (M/F) Historical Romance novel because it's written by Joanna.  Who knows, I might actually find myself looking for more HR along the way..


It's been a while since I've read a proper PNR novel. It's just that I don't have a lot of time lately and I don't see myself investing in a world that is different than ours (plot more complicated, world building and all that) but "Midnight Breed" is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite PNR series if not THE best one. This book was released about a month ago but though I pre-orderd and was REALLY waiting for the release I barely find the time these days to read a full length novel. 

My Mate Jack (Heated Beat, #1)    ★ ★ ★
Lucky Man (Heated Beat, #2)    ★ ★ ★
Bullet (Blue Boy, #1)    ★ ★ ★ ½
Bones (Blue Boy, #2)    ★ ★ ★ ½
Bold (Blue Boy, #3)    ★ ★ ★
These are the last novels by Garrett (from all her published work) I haven't read.  I loved all her Contemporary MM Romance books so it's no wonder I"m really looking forward to these as well!  Short or long, Garrett has an amazing ability to capture my heart with each book. 

Quite excited with the books I planned for this month, a lot of them have waited too long on my list and most of them are by authors I absolutely love.


Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus