My Menu

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August 2015 Recap

August just wasn't working for me, It started out fairly well with me being really good with my homework, I was actually quite proud of myself that after 6 years out of academic studies I can find the right cushioning on my butt for more than reading ;) Yet as this month gone by I realized that even when I actually have the time to read I'm either too tired or I know I have to get up early to study so I shouldn't (and probably couldn't..) read..

So even though I planned for about an hour read every day in my August Goals, I read much less.. I also had to put aside a few full length novels because it was almost impossible to be invested in a novel unless I was giving away A LOT of studying time which I shouldn't.. So I actually read just 2 full length novels and the rest short novellas (and less than I thought I'd read..)


Total Read - 10 ebooks / 995 pages (~32 pages a day)

In general it was a good month considering how many great reads I had. There's just one "on the fence" novel (only because it was a sub-genre I don't like) and a lot of great enjoyable novellas.


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
I started this month with "Gavin: Resist" by Heather C. Leigh, the 3rd novel in "Sphere of Irony" Contemporary Romance series (this one being M/M, previous ones were M/F)). It was my first read by Heather and I really liked it. I did have a few issues with this one, but overall a very enjoyable read and I'll be sure adding more books by Heather to my reading list. 


I've read 7 (!) short novellas by Cara McKenna this month, with it, I actually finished (most) all her published work (I did leave out a few that were a part of a sub-genre I don't like). ALL of them were great reads, even the ones I didn't expect to like. Though Cara writes Erotica, all her novels are first about the characters. Yeah, there's a lot of HOT steamy sex, but there's still a story, a unique one in each, with different and very relate-able characters. Highly recommended! 



"Shadow Bound" is a very short (free) read by Garrett Leigh. Though it was only about 20 pages and though it was a Paranormal (MM) Romance novella there's actually quite a sweet story in there. I love all of Garrett's novels. She is truly one of my favorite authors.

▲  ▲ On the Fence ▼  ▼
"The Darkest Flame" is part of "Roadmap to Your Heart" - a new Contemporary (MM) Romance series by Christina Lee. I really liked both Smoke and Vaughn, I SO wanted them to be able to be together, to be able to act upon their mutual attraction and to think of a possibility of them being together even with all the complications surrounding them. They were so conflicted about even giving each other a chance! and though it took time I loved the way their relationship progressed. 
What puts this one "On the fence" is the whole Motorcycles Club sub plot. Though I love motorcycles in real life, I never got the whole deal with all those Motorcycles Club books. This one WAS different, I mean, if you are into MC books, bare in mind this one ISN'T a typical MC novel. Yet there is a whole side plot containing gang rivelry I was simply not interested in. Yeah it moved the general plot and the progression of the relationship between the two main heroes, but for me, it wasn't engaging enoug. 
I was happy to hear the next one in the series won't be centered around the MC club so I hope it's going to be as good as Christina's NA novels I SO SO love.


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

That's it for my monthly recap, I guess it's shorter than usual which is no wonder since I read about a third of what I usually read. But I'm still really happy with what I DID manage to read. I feel truly blessed with all the amazing authors I have on my reading list who write beautiful and compelling stories.  


Till next month - enjoy your readings! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus