Thursday, July 9, 2015

When The Sea and The Sky Turn To Blood by Amy Lane

This short sweet and a bit sad tale is an allegory of accepting others, of being human, showing love and compassion. I just write a few reviews ago that a story so short (less than 20 pages) is very problematic in giving a whole story. Well, I take it back. 



In a few pages, Ice and Fire the giants not only formed a friendship but came to love one another and to become human so they can live together and be able to touch one another as they seen the humans do. They build a house, a life, they showed their love to the world around them, but since they are basically two gay men living with one another they aren't accepted as they thought they would be.

I was truly sad when this short tale came to an end and though I don't plan on having kids, meaning I won't have any to read this bitter sweet allegory, I'll do my best to spread acceptance and kindness in the way that I can. 

This book can be downloaded for free through the GoodReads books page (also linked below). 


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 16 pages, 9 July 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment