My Menu

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Recap

Summer is here and with it a lot of changes to my life. First I was "apartment hunting" for a whole week (for me it usually take up to 3 days..), it was EXHAUSTING! It's the first time I'm looking for an apartment with B a really good friend of mine. I lived with boyfriends in the past but I never had a "roommate" so to speak. So it's different for me but I have a really good feeling about it, me and B are really good friends and we have a lot in common so I feel like it's going to be a "good match". We found a BEAUTIFUL house with a yard for the dogs in our price range (honestly we expected to settle for a small apartment) so we have been in this roller-coaster of all the things we need to organize or buy and all that - which also means that my June Reading wasn't as impressive as I wanted it to be, but well, I was over excited, my head totally focused on the move scheduled for the end of this month.

So, what I did accomplish?


Total Read - 14 ebooks / 3046 pages (~102 pages a day)

I gotta say, it's not that bad considering how little time I had at least half of this month! and well, no DNFs, no huge disappointments, also a bonus! I found a really good series I'll be revisiting later this year and enjoyed really good short novellas by an author I come to adore and these are just the highlights :)


★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
So this month I had two new series - first being "Bowler University" by Megan Erickson. I've read quite a few of those college New Adult Romance novels by now, yet I feel lucky that the ones I DID read didn't just fall into the mediocre slot of the jock getting the pretty girl. It actually deals with real issues, ones that feel genuine and real. In the first novel the heroine finds out she has dyslexia and the second one deals with a heroine with a physical disability. I gotta say, I enjoyed the first two more than the third that was about a love rekindled (I guess it felt more predicable though it was still well written and very sensitive). I gotta give a shout to two more NA College series I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! Sarina Bowen's "The Ivy Years" and Christina Lee's "Between Breaths". Both are HIGHLY recommended.

The second series new is "Firefighters of Station Five" by Jo Davis. A while back I was looking for a good Contemporary Romance featuring Firefighters, I"m shallow this way ;) Well, I GOT what I wanted in this series! It's an EXCELLENT Romantic Suspense. It's steamy both in action and between the sheets and the sweet romance buildup was a joy to read. Besides the 4th installment I adored them all, the MC were beautifully portrayed and the action kept me on the edge of my seat. HIGHLY recommended!

I've already read a few short MM Romance novellas by Cecilia Ryan so I was excited to get my hands on more novellas by her. The three I had on my list this month didn't disappoint! "Mate" was ultra short yet very sweet, "Merger" was heart crushingly beautiful and "The Sartorialist", well it was just different in a very unique way. I have only one more novella by Cecilia scheduled for the beginning of July then I'll continue to stalk her GoodReads page until I find something new! (Sadly there were no new publications since 2012). I really hope she'll get back to writing SOON!

★ DNF ★ - Cries and Sniffs for the Disappointments - ★ DNF ★
I had HIGH hopes for "Bad Ex Karma" by Donna Cummings. I LOVED her previous Contemporary Romance novel "I Do.. or Die", sadly when I read it I wasn't into reviewing so I can't offer any real review. What I remember is I read it on the weekend, couldn't put it down and couldn't stop laughing! This is exactly what I HOPED I signed up for when I bought this one. Yet somehow it was totally different from what I expected, it was childish with silly humor I didn't really get and too nosy BFFs. I'll probably try out more by Donna in the future as well as Re-Read "I Do.. or Die" (THEN write a good review of it! :)). I really don't know what happened with this one and hope the next ones won't disappoint. 

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

That's it for this month's recap, it feels shorter than usual, maybe because the two series took quite big chunk of this months reading. Happy I got introduced to Jo Davis, I'll be getting my sticky fingers all over her spin off series "Sugarland Blue" near the end of the year.  Also next month I'll be reading the last novella by Cecilia Ryan which I'm equally excited and sad about.

Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus