My Menu

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 2015 Goals

So many books planned, but really, so little time to read! This month is going to be C-R-A-Z-Y! While the pressure started on June (Goals / Recap), the real mess will be trying to juggle packing my apartment and moving out as well as starting a very intense course for a specific exam (pretty much a mandatory exam to whomever wants to apply for MA in Psychology). It's been a while since I studied this intensely so I"m worried it's going to kill every "available" hour I have.. So I don't really think it's possible to read the whole of this monthly plan, yet most are stand alone novels, at the worst, I'll postpone them..

So yeah, I might not feel optimistic about my reading abilities for this month, but I feel as though it's an end of an "era" and a fresh beginning of one. I'm pumped about moving out, and the whole journey into the MA program is also something I'm quite excited about. 


The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I"m on a role of those New Adult College Romance series. I get a lot of recommendations for those from a group I started following a while ago. Heard great things about the author and she is also writing a book with Sarina Bowen who I absolutely ADORE also to be published this month. 


Winding Road   ★ ★
This is the last novella I have on my list by Cecilia. I'm really sad to say goodbye :( I truly hope Cecilia would get back to writing. Everything I've read by her was absolutely amazing. 


Do-Over   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Cocklebur's Christmas   ★ ★
Raising the Stakes 
If I Must   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
When The Sea and Sky Turn to Blood   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Christmas with Danny Fit   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Going up   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  
Truth in the Dark   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Food For Thought   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Left on st. Truth-Be-Well   ★ ★ ★
Turkey in the Snow   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Candy Man (Candy Man, #1)  
There's a WHOLE list of Amy this month as you can see. The thing is, two month ago I read two Contemporary MM Romance novels by her - "Sidecar" ; "Clear Water" - and I became OBSESSED. I started with adding mostly short novellas to my immediate reading list, then added a whole lot of her full novels to my 2016 list (yeah I already have one of those..) and still there are about 20+ more.. But I"ll get there :) little by little. 

Him   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
A new book by Sarina is always a reason to part-y! I haven't read anything by Elle yet, but I'll have two novels by her in the beginning of this month, this one, also a New Adult MM College Romance scheduled to be published at the 28th of July will probably be one of those I read the SECOND I return home from work, though I"m moving out of my apartment 3 days later so.. well.. I hope life won't get in my way of my reading! ;)

Turn Up the Heat   ★ ★ (DNF 29%)
It's been a while since I"ve read a novel by Serena and actually the last I wasn't very impressed with. I truly hope this one will remind me of her previous work which I absolutely LOVED like "Hold on Tight" and "Yours to Keep"

You Get Full Credit For Being Alive   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I probably won't have time for this short Contemporary MM Romance novella, yet I hope I do! Recommended to me by my friend Tami a short while ago.

After Hours   ★ ★ (DNF 29%) 
Unbound     ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hard Time    ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
One of my yearly goals is reading more (probably MOST) of Cara's novels. She writes mostly Erotica under this name. I've read all her novels under the name Meg Maguire (writes Contemporary Romance under this name). Though I'm usually problematic with Erotica (wanting to actually have a plot besides sex scenes ;)) till now, Cara didn't disappoint! 
Originally I had the "Desert Dogs" series on my list for this month, but after I read a bit of the first novel I realized it's not really to my personal taste. It was too focused on the Suspense / Mystery for me. So since it's specifically my personal taste and nothing to do with the writing, and since I haven't read THAT much of the first installment I'm just putting it away without writing a review.  

Skybound     ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Incursion     ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Another one of my yearly goals - reading as much of Aleksandr as possible :) This month I'm just adding 2 short MM Romance novellas (one Historical and the other Paranormal) since my studies and moving out has taken most of my free time near the end of the month. I actually have only 3 full length novels and two short novellas by him to read and I'm finished (!) with most of his work. There are some I decided not to read (the Sci/Fi ones, I'm not a fan of the genre) and naturally the few that are currently unavailable. I do have I think maybe 4 (?) that are co-written that I haven't scheduled yet. 

Rest and Be Thankful     ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This is the last minute add. A Short Contemporary MM Romance novella by an author I really enjoyed in the past few months. I read most of her novels and plan on getting to all of them till the end of the year.  

So that's it for July, pretty presumptuous of me.. but well, at the worst I'll have more to read the following months ;) 


Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus