Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cocklebur's Christmas (Stuff My Stocking) by Amy Lane

Let's just say it, okay? I didn't really get it. I'm not sure if it was the hour, the fact that I was stressed the HELL out, maybe because it was too damn short and there were too many details about the world the story was built into that confused me. Don't know! All I do know is I didn't get the whole thing. It was a story about a Healing Elf who is now married (?) to someone who is pregnant with twins (one his the other not?) and he tells his wife (?) through a visual dream how he came to befriend their house elf who is a bit grumpy. Not that I know WHY he is grumpy(maybe it's another part I didn't get? who knows..) 



The writing was very fluent and I can tell the world was an interesting one (even if I didn't get it) which is quite interesting to a story that consists of 14 pages.. But i truly didn't "get" the whole idea behind it or what was the point.

This short novella is a part of the "Stuff My Stockings" Free Anthology from the M/M Romance forum in GoodReads - Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspired by a photo of their choice. Authors of the group selected a photo and prompt that spoke to them and wrote a short story. You can find this short novella HERE and the whole Anthology RIGHT HERE



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 14 pages, 7 July 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment