My Menu

Saturday, May 2, 2015

May 2015 Goals

Another month gone by.. April (Goals / Recap) flew out the window without me even realizing it. I was suppose to be finished with everything related to my M.A. application but naturally I wasn't exactly.. also I was REALLY sick with a fever and couldn't even concentrate enough to read (a shame really, I spent almost a whole week at home).  

This month I'm suppose to get summons for an interview for my M.A., quite stressed about it.. There are decisions to be made once I actually know if I got accepted or not.. Also this month I have two important dog shows meaning half my weekends this month are already busy (with probably no reading time..) 

I have a new series this month, one I had on my list for a LONG time now, but since the books are quite long I didn't find the time for it and the other one is me re-visiting an author I recently enjoyed. Which is also true for the rest of this month's reading list. 


Two of Hearts   ★ ★ ★
Christina is surely a favorite author. She has 5 amazing novels in the "Between Breaths" series and this one is her first Contemporary Romance stand alone novel (though it's connected to the characters mentioned in the 3th installment in the series). 
I kindly received this book as an ARC from "Rock Stars of Romance".


Clear Water   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Sidecar   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I got a lot of recommendation to Amy's books. I actually only read her in a collaboration with Aleksandr Voinov in the MM Romance "Country Mouse" mini series yet since it was great I decided to look for more books by her.


Originally I planned on reading the short novel following by two anthologies with short stories by Tere THEN I discovered that this month the 6th (and final?) installment in "Faith, Love & Devotionis out and not only that! It seems I missed the 5th installments! (recently re-published with the 4th installment "Cherish"). Faith, Love & Devotion is SUCH a highly recommended series! I can't wait to have my final fix!


Me and Young Adult.. yeah, usually it doesn't work, unless it's a "Paranormal" Series like this one, then it somehow tend to be okay by me. I guess it's because the MC have to deal with life in a somewhat mature way (usually it's world-ending kinda deal so...). I read many good reviews of this one so I'm finally finding the time to give it a go. 
This is actually the only new territory I have this month, not knowing the series or author of this one.

The Dream Alchemist (Somnus, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
On February I had my first try of Joanna with "Enlightenment" an Historical MM Romance series. While I'm not usually into Historical Romance in general I LOVED this series and really wanted to try out more by her. As this is a new series I decided to start with this Paranormal MM Romance. I already added more stand alone novels by her for later on this year.   


Five Dates   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
As I didn't finish "Daughter of Smoke and Bones" I found a few days "off" so I added this free read to my immediate reading list. I wanted to try novels by Amy for a while now but didn't find the time to schedule them before. 


A Symphony of Echos   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
I added this one in the last day of the month when I saw I have an "opening". I was very impressed with the previous novel I've read by Cecilia promising myself I'd read all her other short novellas SOONER rather than later.


Thinking about my reading the past few months I realize that apparently I've been reading mostly MM Romance. I don't know why that is, I also enjoy my fare share of Paranormal Romance as well as New Adult and Contemporary Romance. It seems I've found a few favorite MM Romance authors and I'm on a roll of reading more by them. This month there is actually just one Contemporary Romance at the beginning of the month and then a Young Adult Fantasy series with the rest being MM Romance. 

So yeah, that's on my plate for this month :) I hope it's going to be a sunny and enjoyable month :) 


Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus