My Menu

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 2015 Recap

This is unbelievable really, I can't believe this month has gone so fast! Mostly because I was trying really hard to do everything on my to do list which kept getting longer or rather, everything that could go wrong - did! 

At the beginning of March I wrote I will be going real soon through "changes". I was actually thinking about going abroad for a while but naturally it didn't work out so I decided somewhat on the spare of the moment to apply for a M.A. degree in psychology. I wanted to get a M.A. for a while now but it didn't work out, like a lot of things tend to in my life.. I had a month to organize the paperwork which was endless! and when I thought I finished a week ago I realized there is still something missing I wasn't even aware of. So yep, it dragged up until the 31st of March - the very last day of registration! 

I read most of what I planned on reading this month and I obviously made changes, dumped the series I planned on reading, read more books I had on my "Soon to be read" list and yeah, when I think about the books I've read this month I couldn't be more pleased. Most of the books were great! I had a few mild disappointments while the rest were 4-5 stars reads. 

Let's talk numbers!


Total Read - 18 ebooks / 3215 pages (~104 pages a day)

That's a lot less than I did last month, about 3 whole books! God, I hate it when life get in the way of my reading!  

★  ★  ★  ★  ★ - Cheers and Shouts for the Favorites -  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★
Yep, most of my reads this month are under this category.It's been a while since I finished the EPIC MM Romance series "Special Forces" By Aleksandr Voinov and Marquesate yet I still carry Vadim and Dan with me so it was really sweet getting to read a little bit of them in two separate novels - "Deliverance" by Marquesate and T.A. Brown telling us the story of Hooch and Matt (whom we met in the second installment of Special Forces) also featuring a little bit of Dan and "Gold Digger" by Aleksandr Voinov telling the love story of Nikolai - Vadim's son, also featuring quite a lot of Vadim finally being the father he always wanted to be for Nikolai.

I had the Erotica mini-series Shivaree by Cara McKenna on my reading list for quite a while, yet as Menage goes.. I'm always a skeptic that I'm actually going to get plot instead of a long sex scenes... I must say I was positively surprised with the depth of the story and how much character progression there was in a series this short (all three installments together amount to about one full novel). Though I wish we got Gabriel's POV instead of only Shane and Natalie. 

A surprising sweet Historical MM Romance "Do Svidaniya, Goodbye" by Cecilia Ryan. I was really intrigued by this one and it didn't disappoint! Historical Romance, especially when we're talking about MM Romance at those days is different from what we are used to, the difficulties they face, the expectations from their families makes it all almost impossible yet those two find a way in the end. It was so sweet getting to know them from childhood into manhood. Great novella! 


"Shooting for the Stars" is the third installment in Gravity, a Contemporary Romance series by Sarina Bowen. I've been obsessed with Sarina's writing from the first novel I've read by her in the Ivy Years New Adult series, this one didn't disappoint as well. This one was all about friendship and love and being worthy of both. Highly recommended as all Sarina's novels are! (soon to be released the 4th installment in the Ivy Years series).

Last month I had my first taste of Garret Leigh from the MM Romance series "Roads" so this month I read all her individual novels. There were 3 full novels and 2 short novellas. I loved every page, every sentence and words. They are ALL 5 stars reads. 

Heart took my heart away. This book started as a short novella called "Gypsy Rain" that was republished as a full novel. It's a sweet love story. It all starts with a nice friendly gesture from Dex to Seb which opens Seb's pastry shop to Dex, at first just for a shelter from the rain. The love story between them, Dex's past, Seb's compassion - I loved it all. 

"Only Love" is a story of two physically wounded men. Yet their past and the secrets they keep conceals heart ache as well. Both choosing to stay away from society, they find solace and love in each other. Another beautiful love story. This one also having a short free sequel called "Awake and Alive".

I was a bit reluctant with "Misfits" though I ordered it the day it was out, I read another one before it, just because Menage can be a bit tricky. Some or should I say MOST are all about the sex and the plot tends to disappear. With this one it was all about the couples and the way they formed slowly creating the threesome that worked beautifully together. They completed each other in the best way.  

"More Than Life" is just a short novella yet it left a HUGE impression on me. A young man struggling to survive in war infested Kosovo and a CIA agent that wants a lot more than just deliver information to him. The love between them, the build up, the way it ended.. I wish it was longer yet I think it was perfect the way it was. 

The "Cut & Run" MM Romance series by Abigail Roux (and Madeleine Urban) is amazing. I loved it the first time I've read it and at a second read I only appreciate it more. I love both Ty and Zane, yet you probably already know I'm "Team Zane" ;) As I'm writing these words the last book "Crash & Burn" is out and I want to have my sticky fingers all over it on my kindle, yet I have the 8th installment to re-read first! I can't rave enough about this series, action packed yet sensitive and loving with a slow building romance you struggle though every page you read. You want them to be "there" but you accept the journey you are going with them till they can really find their Happily Ever After (which we'll really get in the very last novel..). 


★ DNF ★ - Cries and Sniffs for the Disappointments - ★ DNF ★ 
I actually don't have a DNF book this month, but I do have a one prominent disappointment - "Pushing the Limits" by Katie McGarry. I read great reviews on the series but basically it comes down to one issue. This is a Young Adult series.. which I usually don't really enjoy (though I read a few few surprising good YA in the past) It's juvenile even if the MC are in a way more mature then your average teenager. Or maybe I should say, that the MC SEEM to be more mature but as the story closes and all the pieces fall into place you realize half the drama (if not more) could have been erased if it wasn't processed from a child's perspective..

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

A few days ago I saw Aleksandr Voinov published a free "Taster Anthology" of all his available work! It's SO AWESOME! It has the entire list of his individual work each containing author's notes, the synopsis and a few chapters. Since this year I'm all about reading his novels this Anthology would be a great help. Check it out! Aleksandr is an AMAZING author!

I added the rest of Garret Leigh's novels to my immediate reading list. I'll grab them ASAP. I love her writing, love her characters and how humanly flawed they all are. Some are really damages and some feel like you and me, struggling to find our place. I have 5 more books in 2 different series by her. Another author I want to try more books from is Cecilia Ryan. She has a few short novellas I'm planning on reading when I find the time. 

So that's it for this Monthly Recap. As usual I had fun writing this post, and looking forward for more amazing books next month!

See ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus