My Menu

Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2015 Goals

February is already gone and with it the wintery weather.. I'm a fan of the cold and rain as long as my knees don't crush down, and well, they did.. mostly because the weather kept changing hot to cold and THAT'S what messes with my knees! I guess it was also the best excuse ever to sit at home and read (and brood a little ;)) 

I have a sort of change in my life coming soon. I"m pretty excited about it all but I'm not sure how my schedule (or rather lack of it up until now) will suffer. I might find the time to read as I used to the past few months, and I might get overly invested in my plans.. I will say that I'm usually quite good at organized schedules so I hope that it means I won't lose all my free time, because I know that' something I can't deal with right now. I NEED my time and space. 

 I think I did good last month (Goals / Recap) though I had quite a lot of DNFs.. I don't think I was in a bad mood reading or anything like it, so I guess the books themselves are to blame ;) though I also blame myself with trying out more from the same series when I wasn't impressed with the previous ones.. This month I have a few things I'm really pumped about so here goes!


Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1) 
Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
Crush Into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
A lot of my friends read and loved this series. Though for some unknown reason I thought it's New Adult (and it's actually Young Adult!) my friends reviews are raving so.. hopefully I'll feel the same [Reading the first one made me realize I should probably put it aside..]


Deliverance: Hooch and Matt's Story    ★ ★ ★ ★ 
When I finished the EPIC MM Romance series Special Forces by Aleksandr Voinov and Marquesate a while back I knew I'm going to read the two spin off books in the series (each written by one of the two authors). I think I had a little bit of an overdose of Vadim and Dan back then so I decided to give myself a bit of a rest. Rest is over!  This book is of a couple introduced in the second installment (the American couple). There were even a few chapters than involved only them without Vadim and Dan. 


Gold Digger   ★ ★ ★ 
Debriefing (with Marquesate)   ★ ★ ★ 
The Trick Is (with Gileonen)   ★ 
Gold Digger is a solitary spin off of Vadim's son from Special Forces (introduced briefly in the last installment). The next two are free co-written MM Romance short novellas, the third is a full length novel co-written as well, unlike the others it's a MM Science Fiction.  I've already mentioned that I have a sort of yearly goal reading as much of Aleksandr's books as I can :) I added most of his books to my monthly table this year and then realized that some of them are unavailable.. :( So I'll be checking those to see if they re-appear / re-publish. 


Backwoods (Shivaree, #0.5)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Shivaree (Shivaree, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Getaway (Shivaree, #2)   ★ ★ ★ 
This is a sort of short Erotica series, length wise, all these three together amount to a full novel. This is my second yearly goal - as I finished reading all the books by Cara's other pen name Meg Maguire, this year I plan on reading her books as Cara. I'm usually more into Contemporary Romance than Erotica (looking more for a plot and relationship and character buildup than mere sex..) so I really hope I won't get disappointed with this one (or her other Erotica novels).  


Shooting for the Stars (Gravity, #3)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
The last book in the Contemporary Romance series is over the corner! (to be released on 16th) I can't believe it! I'm also pumped that the 4th book in her New Adult series The Ivy Years is going to be out next month. I'm obsessed with Sarina's writing, every book I've read by her was purely gold! 


Do Svidaniya, Good-bye   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
A short MM Romance novella I got a really great recommendation of. This month I actually have quite a few short novellas, with all the extra activities I have I think it's a good idea having these short ones that I can forget myself in about an hour.

Last month I finished listening to all the Audiobooks available of the MM Suspense Romance series Cut & Run by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban. This month I'm planning on re-reading the spin off novel "Warrior's Cross" as well as "Stars&Stripes" (Cut&Run #6) and "Touch&Geaux" (Cut&Run #7).
It's my personal way of preparing myself for the last book in the series which will be published at the very end of this month. I'm planning on finishing the books up until the last one THIS month so I"ll be able to start next month with the absolute last book in the series.. :( 
Re-listening to the series the last two month made me realize just how MUCH I loved it and just how much I'm going to miss it once it's gone..

Update - After deciding not to continue reading "Pushing the Limits" series I added a few more books to this month's list. Like last month (and even though it didn't deliver then) I decided to add books by an author I enjoyed last month - Leigh Garrett.


Heart   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Only Love (Only Love, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Awake and Alive (Only Love, #1.5)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Misfits   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
More Than Life   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Really enjoyed last month "Roads" by Garrett so decided to try more of her angsty MM Romance novels. At the moment I added all her "stand alone" novels, leaving 5 more books were are a part of two different series. They are on my immediate reading list and since they are quite short I hope I'll get to them SOON! 

I think there's quite a variety of genres this month. Contemporary, Young / New Adult, Erotica, MM Romance. There's one series with most of the books this month are stand alone ones. I think that considering the uncertainty of free time this month it's best not having demanding series or long novels. 

Cheers!

Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus