My Menu

Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2015 Goals

January have been quite a ride book-wise (Goals / Recap). I read SO many books yet I also put aside a few which I HATE doing, I rather invest myself in GREAT books not ones that I find a chore to read. After all, this IS one of my favorite hobbies and I intend to enjoy every minute of it :)

I promised myself to have a "reasonable" amount of pages per month allowing myself to add books as I see ones of interest, a month haven't passed and I TOTALLY FAILED on that one.. well, maybe next year? hehe 


I basically looked at my HUGE "Life Get's in My Way (of reading)" list and added into my "To Read" list (the ones I'm planning on reading this year) a lot of books by my favorite authors. Firstly I added MOST of Aleksandr Voinov's books. I have one series left and a few he wrote in collaboration with another author in his/her ongoing series and one Anthology (which I'm not always in the mood for..). I also added Anne Tenino and Tere Michaels' books as I really enjoyed their novels recently and wanted to check more of both of them. As I finished all of Meg Maguire's books last year, this year I want to read the Erotica books she published under her real name - Cara McKenna. 


So After the initial sort, I was left with almost 20 books MORE than I had planned on reading this year (which basically means I lost the ability to spontaneously add as I go..), I have about 100 more books on my "pending list" (the one I can't believe I'll get into since I'm already over booked ;)) and a whole lot more on my "whenever, probably on 2016" list. 


I'm obsessed with lists have you noticed? :P But well, I did most of the "hard work" when I was sick 2 weeks ago. Couldn't concentrate on my reading, and wanted to somehow feel "connected" to my precious books. 


So enough of the blubbering! February reads!!



A Contemporary Romance series I had on my list for a while now but had a hard "scheduling" as I find it hard committing to starting long series (here it's mostly that the books are kinda long). I started the first one and decided not to continue on reading it.


Falling From the Sky (Gravity, #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The second installment in the Contemporary Romance series - Gravity. I'm OBSESSED with Sarina at the moment. I read everything she published (granted, it's not such a long list and yet!) and can't wait for this one to be published. I've heard it was published as a part of a bundle but I was too late and I can't find it now! (frustration galore!) So I've been obsessively waiting for it to be published on it's own. It all said February 1st yet I couldn't find it ANYWHERE to pre-order it but as I'm finalizing this post I FINALLY see it and it's MINE MINE!!! 


This is a much "hyped" Contemporary Romance series I really didn't expect to have time in the foreseeable future to read yet the first day of February gave me that chance as I decided not to read "Knitting in the City" series. Though decided not to continue reading it as well after not finishing the first one.


Soulbound (The Darkest London, #6)   ★  (DNF 45%)
Kristen have been my obsession near the ending of 2014. The Darkest London is one of my most successful tries of Historical Romance but since it's also Paranormal Romance maybe it's no wonder? I love it, absolutely love it! Can't wait for this one to be published as well as the next one (which also be the last installment in the series). 

Steve's Chase (Holt, #1)   ★ ★ 
Left at the Alter (Holt, #2)
The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)   ★ ★ ★ (DNF 25%)
This series was recommended to my by Buggy. I enjoyed reading her reviews of it and wanted to give it a try. Haven't read Contemporary Romance back when these were published ('bout 20 years ago), I was too much into the Fantasy books. I wonder how different they would be. I must say the covers though I HIDEOUS! I much prefer the cover nowadays ;) 

Provoked (Enlightenment, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Season's Pass (Enlightenment, #1.5)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Enlightenment (Enlightenment, #3)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
As I wrote above, I'm not usually into Historical Romance. So this month I'm trying a different kind - MM Historical Romance. This series have a few more books buy as it's a "trial" I'm not adding more books at the moment. We'll see how I handle it. I really SHOULD try out more genres.

Hostile Ground   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
As I'm slowly planning on going through ALL of Aleksandr's books this is one I added kinda randomly. I read "Unhinge the Universe" by Aleksandr a Witt together so I have high expectations :)  

Besides these I have the "project" I started on January - re-listening to the Cut & Run Series by Abigail Roux (preparing myself for the last installment to be published on the end of March this year). It's SO MUCH FUN listening to this series! I loved the books so much and it's GREAT I can also enjoy them this way. This month I plan on listening to Fish&Chips (Cut&Run #3), Divide&Conquer (Cut&Run #4), Armed&Dangerous (Cut&Run #5) which are the last ones having an audiobook version. Also enjoyed the bonus free scene published by Abigail on her blog - Dine&Dash (Cut&Run #5.5).

Update - I had a lot of changes made to the original plan of this month. Planned or reading "Knitting in the City" series, abandoned it after the first book, than intended on reading "On Dublin Street" series and abandoned that one as well after not finishing the first book then I decided on a different approach - instead of trying out new authors adding book by authors I enjoyed reading recently. 


Leo (A Sign of Love - Leo #1)   ★ ★ ★ 
Stringer (A Sign of Love - Scorpio)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Becoming Calder (A Sign of Love - Aquarius #1)   ★  (DNF 13%)
Finding Eden (A Sign of Love - Aquarius #2)
After enjoying "Archer's Voice" so much last month giving the rest of a series a go was no brainer. As it seems it's not a series in the conventional way, since some are stand alones and others conclude a story in 2 books and I don't think there is any connection between the signs (Leo, Scorpio etc.).


Infinity + One   ★ ★ ★ 
Running Barefoot   ★  (DNF 58%)
One of last month's favorite was "Making Faces" by Amy, I had one book planned for next month and got to adding another one to somewhere near the ending of the year so I'm pleased to have the time now to add these two (left are only two Paranormal Young Adult  books I'm still considering as I'm not usually into YA). 

Slide (Roads, #1)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Marked (Roads, #1.5)   ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Rare (Roads, #2)    ★ ★ ★ 
Freed (Roads, #2.5)    ★ ★ ★ ★ 
This is another small series, or rather two parts (And a bit of extra) of one story I decided to add due to too many DNFs this month.. Haven't read anything by this author which I know I said I wouldn't do this month and yet here they are.. 

Quite a variety of books and genres I have this month. "old" Contemporary Romance, "new" Contemporary, Historical Paranormal, MM Historical Romance and Mystery / Suspense MM Romance.

Have a great month everybody!

Check out more of my Recap and Goals of the past months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus