Thursday, January 15, 2015

West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi #2) [Zephyros & Ella] by Laura Kaye

I tried giving the second installment in the "Hearts of the Anemoi" a chance. I really did. I wanted to like it more than the first one, I wanted to be invested in the story but sadly I was mostly waiting for something to actually happen, for the characters to be interesting and not whinny or just boring to tears. I can't say more about the plot than is written on the cover since I've DNF on 22% and in this time - nothing actually happened.. well.. Ella almost drowns when a storm strikes her boat. The storm isn't  natural one it was caused by the moody god of the West Winds Zephyros. Zephyros feeling bad for causing an innocent harm helps her as best as he can but then can't seem to let her go. 


The interaction between the two of them is quite minimal at the point I finished reading though it feels like it's going to change (soon?). The plot is mostly them thinking about the situation they are in and how alone and betrayed they feel. I couldn't care less. There was NOTHING making either one of them interesting or appealing. I was just keep waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen and when the slightest DID happen I wasn't interested enough to keep on reading. 

This is the last I'll be reading by Laura. I had another series by her but as I was reading the reviews more carefully I think the slow going plot and the too much of an internal dialogue would keep being a major theme. 

This series contains 4 books in total - North of Need, West of Want, South of Surrender and East of Ecstasy.  I tried reading the first but DNF it on 42%. I thought this one would be better and since it has the same problems as the first I won't be continuing with it. I also won't make a series page as I can't really say anything about the series with what I've read. 


 (DNF 22%)


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 400 pages, 14 January 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment