My Menu

Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2015 Goals

I'm really pleased with myself for the amount of books and pages I went through the previous month but also generally in 2014. I used to read a lot growing up but somewhere along the line and especially as I did my BA I forgot about my reading and generally didn't even know what to grab first or at all. Then about three years ago a friend introduced me to her Kindle and later on to GoodReads and yeah, the rest is history. I LOVE being able to read about new books, new authors, reading reviews and generally be involved in the beautiful world of writing and reading. 

Last year I read a little bit more than 180 novels. Some full length, other short novellas, some I listened to (or re-listened). There were about 15 books I didn't finish but since my "to read" list would be toppling over if it was physically real I don't feel regret when I'm putting down a book I didn't find appealing and taking in it's stead a book that I really enjoy. 

As I did in the previous year, I'll be updating each month what I plan on reading. I don't always finish, and sometimes I even read more than I plan but it's my general "guide line" for the month. When the month is finished I also do a monthly recap with my favorites (and a disappointment if I had one). 

When I compiled my list for 2014 (and later on 2015) I had in mind round 100-120 pages a day but since I sometimes want to add a certain book I'm DYING to read and find it impossible to add to my "closed" list, I decided that this year I'll plan for less than I can handle so I can have the possibility of adding another one I feel a total burn to read. 

So here is what I expect to read on January! 

Hot and Bothered      (DNF 69%)
By Serena Bell
Serena is a favorite for a while now. I've read all her books and plan on keeping that way. I didn't even "bother" to read the blurb I just auto-pre-ordered it and starting 2015 with it as it's out on the 1st of January. 

Making Faces    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
By Amy Harmon
I see a few of my friends have either read this one and enjoyed it or have it on their list. Looks like a very touching love story. My favorite kind. 

North of Need (Hearts of Anemoi, #1)   ★ ★  (DNF 42%)
West of Want (Hearts of Anemoi, #2)   ★ ★ (DNF 22%)
South of Surrender (Hearts of Anemoi, #3)
East of Ecstasy (Hearts of Anemoi, #4)
By Laura Kaye
This one came HIGHLY recommended from a good friend. This is actually the only Paranormal Romance I have for this month. I used to be mostly into Paranormal and a little bit into "Regular" Romance but as it seems the ordinary has his claws into me. It doesn't mean I forgot my "origins" or my great love in the Paranormal. I have to say I like the fact that this one has only 4 books in it. I don't know why but a lot of PNR tend to spread in WAY too many books.. 

Looking For Alaska   ★ ★ ★ ★
By John Green
I feel like I'm more than fashionably late for the party, hell, I might even be over or under dressed for the occasion! but well, better late than ever, right? This would be my first (and second) try of John's books. While I am quite reluctant to try out more Young Adult novels these two come WELL recommended. 

'Till Death, Volume 1   ½★ (DNF 15%)
'Till Death, Volume 2
By Bella Jewel
I don't have any problem admitting I have a "thing" with covers and this one totally blew me away! I don't know the author yet I'm more than willing to give this one (and the following) a go and yeah, the plot looks great as well ;)

Archer's Voice   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
By Mia Sheridan
Added this one not only because of the Best Romance award from GoodReads for 2014. I WAS a bit disappointed as I voted for another book, but well, it was a MM Romance, those don't get voted that frequently.. 

Fighting Redemption   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
By Kate McCarthy
Another book I can't place where I got the recommendation from but seems to be my "forte". I love those emotional books with the broken hero(s), the haunted past, the difficulty dealing with the present and the future seems unattainable. Also, I'm curious about this one since Kate's Australian. I'm not sure I've read any book by an Australian write before.  

Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
By Jeaniene Frost
The Night Prince Series is one of my MOST FAVORITE Paranormal series or rather Urban Fantasy series. I'm just absolutely and totally IN LOVE with Vlad Tepesh. Yeah, I'm one of those people who can't hold herself when it comes to Dracula.. but it's not just my general fetish to all Vampyric it's THIS Vlad by Jeaniene Frost. YUM!
This was suppose to be the last installment but as it seems there is going to be a 4th and last final installment which makes me want to scream in rage on the one hand "soon! too soon!", but on the other hand, I'll be happy to say a nice farewell without him overstaying his visit and becoming a liability (remember Eric Northman? Yeah, that totally happened to him..)

Mating Balance    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
By Gina A. Rogers & Kyle Adams
A short Paranormal MM Romance! Hell yeah! and a free one as well! This novella is part of "Love's Landscape", it's some sort of an event where people ask authors to write a short novella about a certain theme or idea. They are all MM Romance short novellas. You can see the whole list of them here. I added this one after reading a review about it. I might add others, see how it goes. 

Coming Home    ★ ★ ★ ★
By Jay Northcote
Another short free MM Romance novella. Can't remember how/when I've heard of it. I really enjoy having those short novellas once in a while when I want to read something but don't want to / can't be invested in a long / full length novel.


Thirst   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Something Different   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Fifteen Shades of Gay (For Pay)   ★ ★ ★ ★ ½
Soulless   ★ ★ ★ ★
Manhandled (with Rosemary O'Malley)   ★ ★ ★ ★
By T. Baggins (S.A. Reid)
After being completely floored by this author in "Protection" I added most of her novels to my reading list. This month I'll be reading the rest of her books as T.Baggins/S.A. Reid. 
It was kind of confusing finding out Ms. Stephanie Abbot is actually both S.A. Reid, T. Baggins AND Emma Jameson.. As it seems she writes MM Romance (some Paranormal Romance) under S.A Reid as well as T. Baggins (most novels have both names on the cover) and also Mystery under Emma Jameson. I'm still contemplating the ones under Emma since Suspense isn't usually my thing.. we'll see :)

There is one smallish project I have for the following months and it's re-listening and re-reading the Cut & Run Series by Abigail Roux. The end of March 2015 will also mark the launch of the 9th and final book in the series so I'll be preparing myself with a rundown of the whole series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus