Monday, December 29, 2014

Risky Maneuvers by Aleksandr Voinov & Barbara Sheridan

This is quite different from my usual "thing". Why you ask? well, there were ALIENS! I swear! hehe I'm not usually into science fiction but this one was a really fun read and even though it was pretty short for me it was somehow enough as a full story leaving me with a happy smile.
Mikhail Volkov and Devon Dearborn met 6 years ago through Devon's brother - Sam. Sam brought Deavon the Tanker and Mikhail the Mercenary for a special opp which ended in them being more than just partners. They became lovers. But something happened and Devon just walked away one day. When Sam needs both Mikhail and Devon for a special opp again he makes Mikhail bring his brother back from his "early retirement" as a trucker. Back together they both feel somewhat "at home" with one another. It takes time before we see the ice melting between those two though it's obvious from each of their POVs how much they care for one another. 

About half way through they actually get to the mission - looking for two missing people the aliens took. Crazy shit! Naturally things don't go according to plans but the happy ending is there nevertheless :)

I'm in a way surprised of how much I enjoyed this short novella though I should say that it's mostly due to the "build up" of the relationship between Misha and D. It's not really a build up as them realizing they want to be with one another and they are through with the military / government shit.. The aliens bit was short enough which I guess is good for me. I can't give this one a 5 star review though because it didn't feel engaging enough somehow. I"m not even sure what was missing. But something did. 



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 89 pages, 28-29 December 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment