Wednesday, December 24, 2014

New Beginnings by Kyle Adams

The idea of this short novella was nice, but I think somehow it was too sugary and sappy. I don't know.. I waited for something.. I'm not sure what, something MORE. But it stayed the same... and well, from a certain point VERY predictable so yeah, it was kind of a struggle to finish and quite disappointing with the predictability. 
I can't say a lot about the plot since it would spoiler, what I can say that this story is told from Urban's point of view. We start the novella with Tyson (Urban's boyfriend for the past 8 years) breaking up with him and shattering completely yet we continue with quite a surprise. 

As I said, I liked the idea of the novella, but I didn't find either Urban nor Tyson of any real interest. There was WAY too much emphasis on Urban's constant need for sex (it became tedious I must say..) and the characters themselves felt a bit flat. 

I guess if you are looking for a sugar dose of sappiness and true love and I don't know romance galore this one would be exactly for you. But since I'm not even a romantic person I found this one to be way too much of right about everything. 



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 74 pages, 23 December 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment